No announcement yet.

What Prayer has God Answered For You?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had to many to list. Even when I refused to acknowledge His being as a teen and young adult out of selfishness, but still knew He existed, He answered my prayers when I called out to Him in hours of darkness. He has always looked after me, many times without my knowing in the past. Now, the more He answers my prayers both great and small (to me), the more humbling life becomes. I see His works all the time now. And can not give enough Thanks unto Him for all that He dose. God is Great, God is Good, God is big enough!

Comment

To many to list ever day

Comment

Every thing from my wife to a good job heck even prayed last time we were fishing and not only did we catch a few we caught limits and had to throw some back! My wife and I put God first in our relationship and it's been very good for us, been together 8 years married 9 months and can't recall even 1 argument we've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
          I was not born a Christian. In fact, while growing up, I used to be annoyed of anything that was related to Jesus. I hated Christian music and really couldn't stand it. Now I feel obligated to give my testimony lol sorry for the long read but here it goes.

I went through a weird phase when I was younger where I was a tad bit obsessed with aliens. I did a ton of research on the topic because it really sparked my interest. I listened to all these podcasts of conspiracy theories on the subject and watched numerous documentaries. One day, I watched this movie on Netflix called, "The Encounter" thinking it was a movie about aliens. Ten to fifteen minutes into the movie, I noticed that it was about Jesus and I instantly got annoyed. For whatever reason, I watched and finished the movie and by the end of the movie, I cried my eyes out. It was the weirdest thing. I said out loud that I'll give Jesus and chance to show himself to me and I swear, the light shining into my room became incredibly bright (not to the point where it blinded me) and I felt this strange presence - its hard to explain but it felt like I was loved.

Few days later, I forget about this whole ordeal. I was riding my motorcycle to work and in California, it's legal to lane split (riding between cars) so I always make my way between cars to the front of the stop light and I ALWAYS split lanes to the front but whatever reason, I decided to stay behind the last car. This car had a giant bumper sticker that read, "Jesus Loves You!" It reminded me of me asking him to prove himself to me so I kind of laughed it off and proceeded when the light turned green. This is the weird part. There was a white car to my right and I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, a voice said, "Watch out for this car" and as soon as I heard it, this vehicle, without checking his blind spot swerved into my lane and I was able to avoid it. I won't get into details but I'll describe the last "test" that finally got me to give my life to Jesus.

While in college, I worked for a law firm. Every year, the employees gets to spin this giant wheel (kind of like wheel of fortune) and each space has a dollar amount from 10 to 500 dollars. When it was my turn, I said, "okay Jesus, what the heck. If you are real, let me win 500 bucks" so I went up to spin, didn't even look at the wheel. I spun it, looked away and everyone erupted with cheers. I looked up and what do you know, I just won 500 bucks! I started attending various churches til I found my home church and got baptized 3 years ago. I haven't looked back since. I pray daily - not to ask for things but to give my thanks for saving me and for him to work his way into my friends' and family's hearts so he may do for them what he's done for me. I can't deny it. Since then, if I ever needed anything, I pray and they ALL get answered. God is awesome

Sorry for the long read.
          Great story, thanks for sharing!

Comment

God has answered more prayers for me then I'm worthy of. God has been with me in my darkest hours and walked me through them. I know this might not sit well with some but I have never prayed for outright favor but more for help along the way. God has met me more then halfway many many times. I know nothing is possible without him but always plan to do all I can do then turn the rest over to him.

I was set on making the biggest mistake of my life a few years back. I thought all was lost and I was not thinking straight. God directly intervened with the one thing on this earth that would stop me. I knew right then he had bigger plans for me and there was hope.
            Last edited by sharkhunter; 05-26-2017, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Mark 11:24 - Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

As others have stated, the list is long and I thank Him for every answer.
              A few of the greatest ones He has answered for me personally:

- Repairing my Dad's broken and crushed shoulder and clavicle during the night before he was to go into surgery the next morning, the Dr was baffled.

- Causing a tumor in the back of my daughters head up next to the brain stem to almost pop out when the Dr cut her open to begin the tedious 6 hour surgery to remove it, he was finished in 1 hour 15 minutes.

- Reviving my Mom when she went code blue in the hospital.

- And finally, there's Dan. I am witness to how God can take a bad hombre and change him into a child of the Most High God.
              http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=prayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                I was not born a Christian. In fact, while growing up, I used to be annoyed of anything that was related to Jesus. I hated Christian music and really couldn't stand it. Now I feel obligated to give my testimony lol sorry for the long read but here it goes.

I went through a weird phase when I was younger where I was a tad bit obsessed with aliens. I did a ton of research on the topic because it really sparked my interest. I listened to all these podcasts of conspiracy theories on the subject and watched numerous documentaries. One day, I watched this movie on Netflix called, "The Encounter" thinking it was a movie about aliens. Ten to fifteen minutes into the movie, I noticed that it was about Jesus and I instantly got annoyed. For whatever reason, I watched and finished the movie and by the end of the movie, I cried my eyes out. It was the weirdest thing. I said out loud that I'll give Jesus and chance to show himself to me and I swear, the light shining into my room became incredibly bright (not to the point where it blinded me) and I felt this strange presence - its hard to explain but it felt like I was loved.

Few days later, I forget about this whole ordeal. I was riding my motorcycle to work and in California, it's legal to lane split (riding between cars) so I always make my way between cars to the front of the stop light and I ALWAYS split lanes to the front but whatever reason, I decided to stay behind the last car. This car had a giant bumper sticker that read, "Jesus Loves You!" It reminded me of me asking him to prove himself to me so I kind of laughed it off and proceeded when the light turned green. This is the weird part. There was a white car to my right and I SWEAR ON MY LIFE, a voice said, "Watch out for this car" and as soon as I heard it, this vehicle, without checking his blind spot swerved into my lane and I was able to avoid it. I won't get into details but I'll describe the last "test" that finally got me to give my life to Jesus.

While in college, I worked for a law firm. Every year, the employees gets to spin this giant wheel (kind of like wheel of fortune) and each space has a dollar amount from 10 to 500 dollars. When it was my turn, I said, "okay Jesus, what the heck. If you are real, let me win 500 bucks" so I went up to spin, didn't even look at the wheel. I spun it, looked away and everyone erupted with cheers. I looked up and what do you know, I just won 500 bucks! I started attending various churches til I found my home church and got baptized 3 years ago. I haven't looked back since. I pray daily - not to ask for things but to give my thanks for saving me and for him to work his way into my friends' and family's hearts so he may do for them what he's done for me. I can't deny it. Since then, if I ever needed anything, I pray and they ALL get answered. God is awesome

Sorry for the long read.
                Thanks for sharing and that is awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
                  Long story, but feel obligated to give testimony too. On 09/03/14 I had a blowout in my lifted Jeep going about 85 mph on my way to work on a small country road. It was midweek around 4 AM so not much traffic at all. The jeep flipped multiple times, seatbelt didn't work so wasn't buckled up, and was thrown from the vehicle about 80 yrds.
                  The first group of responders were a group of four drunk guys that ended up taking my wallet (while laying there dying, going in/out of conciousness) & then proceeded to go over and start taking everything that went flying out of my jeep; pistol, tools, off road equipment etc, even trying to get my winch off .
                  Two girls (angels in my eyes) came by some time later, saw what was happening and ran them off while calling cops and ambulance etc. I was airlifted to hospital, coded out and revived in emergency surgery. Ended up breaking my back in two places, my left shoulder, collarbone, several ribs on left side, hip, pelvis, both bones in upper and lower left leg, left ankle and ten bones in my foot. When I woke up I was more or less paralyzed from my waist down due to my bones, back and some spinal cord damage. Seven months later, surgeries, a lot of metal and screws, extensive rehab and a whole lot of prayer I was able to walk and am fully functional again. I was never close to Him until then, lived a very reckless lifestyle and fully believe he gave me a second chance. Had I not prayed and made a commitment to Him to change I fully believe I would be in a wheelchair still to this day. I thank him everyday for the opportunity to be able to walk, run, hunt and be able to live everyday life unassisted. To say he answered my prayers is an understatement and know its only through his Grace that I am able to do so. He is the Almighty and is always watching and answers prayer, whether it happens the way you want it to play out or not, its all in his plan. Sorry for the long read and thank you the reminder sir
                  I'm glad you are good! What an answered prayer!

Comment

I appreciate all of you for sharing. It is so very good to be reminded of how big our God is!!

Comment

Love reading all these testimonies. Our God is great! I am thankful for His guidance, forgiveness, His grace and all the wonderful things he's blessed me with even though I know I do not deserve them.

Comment

My daughter was diagnosed with a cancer brain tumor when she was 6 six years old. After brain surgery to remove 60% of the tumor and 2 rounds of chemo which didn't stop the tumor from growing then 6 weeks of radiation to finally stop the tumor from growing, she is still with us today. She is 22 years old with many handicaps but she is the most loving and grateful person to still be alive today. I would love to say that she is not only a miracle from answered prayers, but our Angel on Earth.

Comment

Wonderful God loving wife, two healthy children. Relief from anxiety and worry, freedom and forgiveness. All through Jesus Christ!

Comment

This week we've had 3 big ones:
                            Our son's tube came out and we were able to cancel surgery.

My uncle's dad came off a heart pump and ventilator after major heart surgery the week before and is on the mend. They were starting to think he would not survive or come off the machines!

My cousin has a blood clot condition and during a physical the dr believed his lung was full of them again. When he did further testing all was good.

Comment

X2 on too many to list daily. Extremely blessed.

Comment

Changed my life around many years ago for the better. Gave me a wonderful wife that puts up with me and two beautiful kiddos. I ain't worthy of His grace, but the Good Lord forgives and loves unconditionaly. He is my Father!

Comment

Working...
                                X