Smelly Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smelly Shirt

I have a t-shirt that no matter how I wash it , it stinks. Wouldn’t be a big deal but it’s my favorite t-shirt. It’s an UnderArmor heatgear and fits perfect.

I can wash it with a full load of clothes and they all smell fresh and clean. This shirt is funky even right out of the dryer and 2 minutes after putting it on it smells like shiznit. Anyone dealt with something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
    I have a t-shirt that no matter how I wash it , it stinks. Wouldn’t be a big deal but it’s my favorite t-shirt. It’s an UnderArmor heatgear and fits perfect.

I can wash it with a full load of clothes and they all smell fresh and clean. This shirt is funky even right out of the dryer and 2 minutes after putting it on it smells like shiznit. Anyone dealt with something similar?

Time to throw it out.

Comment

Dry fit? I know my wife had the same problem with her work out clothes. She got rid of them and only buys cotton now.

Comment

Wash it in white vinegar.

Comment

Unfortunately it’s been worn too much. The fabric has absorbed all it could of your stinch. Haha. I have some shirts like that and I’ve done everything I could to change it. A hot wash and sent chrystals helped some.

Comment

I have quite a few UA and Nike shirts I work out in like that. When I worked out at a public gym I would throw them away once they got too rank. Now that I have a gym at home I keep them longer. There are about 3 that smell like a 7-11 inside loop 610 once an ounce of sweat hits them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
              we throw baking soda in the tub, along with vinegar in the "softener" thing

Comment

I use fabric softener, detergent, and oxyclean. Hey smell ok when clean, but as soon as I sweat in them, they stink again lol

Comment

If you have to ask TBH it is time to trash it. Find it’s cousin on the internet and buy it.

Comment

Try drying it in your bbq pit ( low and slow ) oak or pecan! If it's really smelly try treated wood

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                      Try drying it in your bbq pit ( low and slow ) oak or pecan! If it's really smelly try treated wood

Winner, winner

Comment

Originally posted by Gus View Post
                        Yeppers. We have a well so if you leave clothes in the washer too long they smell mildewy. About a cup or so of vinegar kills it.

Comment

Have you tried hunter specialty it kill 99% blah blah

Comment

My boys under armor shirts are the same way. They stink right out of the washer.

Comment

Polyester gets stanky quick. Grows bacteria very well. The vinegar thing will probably work. Stick with a 50/50 blend in the future. It is kind of the best of both worlds.

Comment

Working...
                              X