No announcement yet.

Deer Camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never think about taking pics of the camp house, I will next trip. Great times

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

We like it!

Comment

We have enjoyed 18yrs at this camp in Sutton Cnty
        Attached Files

Comment

20 minutes away is closer than my commute to work! You’re a lucky man to hunt so close to home.

I’d say that you could build a pretty respectable cabin for yourself and a couple others. Also, don’t forget about a pop up tent. If you find a tent, cots, and sleeping bags rated for cold weather, you can be relatively comfortable without hauling much stuff.

I don’t have any pics, but we have been sleeping 3-4 people in a 10x14 tent I got from Walmart for $200. It’ll keep you dry, but it won’t keep you warm. Between cots, sleeping bags, and the tent I’d say you can get fully outfitted for around 400 for yourself and an additional 100-120 per person after that.
          Last edited by popup_menace; 01-12-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Camp

Ours looked a lot like the previous ones posted for the first 8 years with just campers and 5th wheels. We did have a water tank, pump, and electricity from a pump jack. We brought in a couple of loads of gravel to stay out of the mud. Our container box was just for the mules and golf carts. We spent all our time outside during the day and around the fire at night.
            Then 3 years ago someone gave us a mobile home. Now we have central, heat and air, full-blown electrical service, a lean-to off the container, concrete floor under that, walk-in cooler, lights everywhere, homemade septic system, 5 more loads of gravel. We have really gotten soft over the last 3 years I can tell you. I liked it better the old way.
            Attached Files

Comment

Corsicana, Navarro County

Comment

had a 2 guys on out lease that..put up a big wall tent and left for season they had a wood burner inside ..it served them well end of season they took down and put in storage..

Comment

As of now I plan to use my father n law's camper trailer

Comment

Well was gonna post a pic of my East Texas swamp camp but guess I need to go back and read the instructions again. Dang..
                    Last edited by Plainsman; 01-12-2018, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                      had a 2 guys on out lease that..put up a big wall tent and left for season they had a wood burner inside ..it served them well end of season they took down and put in storage..
                      This. Especially since the OP only lives 20 minutes from house should he need to run home and clean up or anything.

Comment

We got really lucky and got this gem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my "camp" on my place in Rusk Co. I would trade the 3,100 sq. ft. house that I live in for this 1,200 sq. ft. camphouse in a heartbeat if circumstances didn't prevent it. Love this place.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Javelina camp.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I will play
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                                This is my "camp" on my place in Rusk Co. I would trade the 3,100 sq. ft. house that I live in for this 1,200 sq. ft. camphouse in a heartbeat if circumstances didn't prevent it. Love this place.
                                nice man!

Comment

Working...
                                X