Valentine's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    I looked at doing the same, for much of the same reason. But Sherrie wanted about $50 to deliver the $30 worth of berries that I tried to buy. I told Sherrie to keep her berries.
    interesting.. i used the codes that popped up all over the place and got a dozen choc berries, and 10 cherrys delivered for under $30... quite reasonable and better than flowers.

be better if she was actually going to be there when they get there..but oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I used to send Lisa flowers ever year and she liked them like most women do except she doesn't have an office full of cackling hens to show them off too. She came home one Valentines about 6-7 years ago and said I love the flowers honey but how about in lieu of flowers, will you take the $80 and get me an Amazon gift certificate for books so I can enjoy them all year if you feel like you need to do something. The girl likes flowers but she loves books so I figured being the gentleman and awesome husband that I am, I'd oblige.. Sooooo...Valentines is an Amazon gift card, a good steak dinner and a small box of her favorite chocolates. Yes its a Hallmark Holiday but she's a happy camper...and I like to do things for her throughout the year. This is good timing for the early part of the year...
      Whatever makes her happy is what you gotta do. My wife likes lots of things better than flowers too.

I save flowers for when I really **** her off. The lady at the florist loves it when she has to write, "Sorry I'm an *****hole" on the little card that goes with the flowers....or my personal best, "You were still wrong, but I overreacted".

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Whatever makes her happy is what you gotta do. My wife likes lots of things better than flowers too.

I save flowers for when I really **** her off. The lady at the florist loves it when she has to write, "Sorry I'm an *****hole" on the little card that goes with the flowers....or my personal best, "You were still wrong, but I overreacted".

LMAO!!! hahahahah Flowers....the get out of jail free card!

Comment

not only valentines day but my anniversary is the 20th. Luckily my wife is pretty dang cool and we just go have a nice dinner and call it good for both. I send stuff to her office throughout the year when I don't get price gouged for delivery.

Comment

I gave her all I had for a good 3 minutes this morning and then sent her on her way to work, I'll cook her a steak tonight for her troubles.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
              i gave her all i had for a good 3 minutes this morning and then sent her on her way to work, i'll cook her a steak tonight for her troubles.
              lmao:d:d:d

Comment

awesome

Comment

Hahahaha. Well played!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just sent my wife a text saying happy valentines day with a flower emoji. She said it looked a lot like the flowers she got last year.

Comment

Flowers on Valentines day is a sucker move, save that ace in the hole for when they're cheap.

I've got 3 ladies at the house right now cleaning that sucker from ceiling fans to shoe moulding, blinds, baseboards, toilets, oven...everything. And they'll come back once a month to clean for the next 4 months.....or they're robbing me blind right now, we'll see.

She teaches/coaches middle school, and doesn't get a lot of time off during the school year, I'd rather she didn't spend it cleaning the house. It went over quite well!

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                        I gave her all I had for a good 3 minutes this morning and then sent her on her way to work, I'll cook her a steak tonight for her troubles.
                        for the win

Comment

Going to take my lovely wife out to dinner, Then go home and be careful... last year I ended up with a baby on Halloween... really cuts into my hunting time for the next 10-15 years

Comment

a good one from I Love to Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              My wife gets madder than a wet hen if I buy her flowers. She says they are a waste of $. We just go out to dinner.
                              buy a plant

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                                i paid for sherries berries to be delivered to her office today....because part of their enjoyment is having **** delivered in front of their employees/coworkers.. And i'm a good husband like that.

Shes home sick this morning.
                                Yep, i got screwed on valentines day.
                                what ?

Comment

Working...
                                X