This Is Why We Don't Do Taurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Is Why We Don't Do Taurus

Just a little lawsuit and a recall covering nearly 1 MILLION pistols and 9 different models.

This is why we don't do Taurus.

Taurus agreed to the recall as part of the settlement of a lawsuit that alleges nine handgun models had defects, including one that caused some to inadvertently fire when dropped or to fire when the trigger was pulled even though the safety was on.

Ike

Me either. The only gun I've ever shot that doesn't cycle right.

Comment

I think that is true of the semi-autos. I have several of their Tracker model revolvers that have never had an issue.

Comment

Not a fan myself

Comment

Comment

Had a Taurus 617 revolver that would shave the jacket off of bullets because the angle of the cylinder to the forcing cone was so off. It locked the gun up with copper jacket crammed between the forcing cone, top strap, and cylinder. What a miserable piece of crap that thing was. My uncle has a PT-111 and has already sent it off three times before this recall. Looks like it's going back a fourth time.

If I had a choice between betting my life on a Taurus firearm and eating a dogshxt sandwich, I'd say gimme a napkin and a glass of lemonade.

Comment

Guess you refuse to buy Remington because they had a bunch of 700's recalled because of triggers.

Comment

Information about the voluntary recall of the Gen 4 Glock recoil spring assembly.

Glock, too. oh no, the sky is falling. I have a Taurus slim. Never a problem and have never heard of anyone else having problems with them. Guns are mechanical things like cars. Every company has had their share of problems.

Comment

I can think of past recalls for Glock, Springfield, Ruger, Springfield...

Comment

Hi Points only for Ike!!

Comment

Mine works great and has for years

Comment

My 24/7 OSS DS .40 so far has never failed. Only had it about 10 years. It's the one they put on the 06 USSOCOM trials. They cancelled the trials and the Taurus was in the top 2/3 at the time.
                        Big gun and accurate as all get out.
                        But I carry a Glock or STI 1911...

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJake View Post
                          I can think of past recalls for Glock, Springfield, Ruger, Springfield...
                          And Weatherby

Comment

I am very happy with my 24/7 9mm. Have not had any issues with it. Then again I have never dropped it either...

Comment

Originally posted by baldybarton View Post
                              I am very happy with my 24/7 9mm. Have not had any issues with it. Then again I have never dropped it either...
                              this ma be a key factor.....

Comment

Working...
                              X