Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
    Congrats to every one.
    At this pace, we might want to ask the forum administrators to free up some more space for the trad guys harvests.
    Way to go guys!
    No doubt
    We use the simplest equipment but yet kill most animals
    And I don't see very many .... Come help me find my deer threads on the trad side.

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
      Thanks swamp ghost. Let's see if it works. This is my first kill with my samick sage 50lb @ 28". The shot was 23 yds and it was a 40 yd recovery.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/pw...tml?sort=3&o=1

Very nice
      Way to go

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
        Are trad harvest still considered trad harvest if shot under a electric feeder? Not bashing hunt Hower you want I'm just asking
        Think about it! Who on earth would have the answer to that question?? There is no rule book...........

Comment

Some nice kills being posted! Congrats everyone!

Comment

Congrats everyone me and the selfbow will get it done as soon as I get one of those deer to stand still long enough to stick one.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
              Are trad harvest still considered trad harvest if shot under a electric feeder? Not bashing hunt Hower you want I'm just asking
              Hmmm, is it still bow hunting if your shooting a contraption with 50 moving parts?

Comment

I took these over the summer on the few days the bayou was clear enough to hunt.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nice, ballgame! Where you fishing down there that has Plecos?

Bisch

Comment

sweet fishin BALLGAME
                    Is that black fish one of those things my kids have in the fish tank?

Comment

Good shooting fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        sweet fishin BALLGAME
                        Is that black fish one of those things my kids have in the fish tank?
                        Yes, it is a plecostomus, just like you would have in an aquarium, only bigger! There are a gazillion of them in Lake Dunlap in New Braunsfels!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                          I took these over the summer on the few days the bayou was clear enough to hunt.
                          Please tell me you were bow fishing the Bayou inside Houston City proper!!! That is totally awesome! Even if you were not inside the city... that is totaly awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by p_dot View Post
                            Thanks swamp ghost. Let's see if it works. This is my first kill with my samick sage 50lb @ 28". The shot was 23 yds and it was a 40 yd recovery.

http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/pw...tml?sort=3&o=1
                            p_dot, Congrats! That is one heck of a shot.

Also, thanks for the reminder. I ordered my 50lb limbs and a bow quiver for my sage after seeing your post yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                              Please tell me you were bow fishing the Bayou inside Houston City proper!!! That is totally awesome! Even if you were not inside the city... that is totaly awesome!!!
                              Yes I hunt inside the Houston city limits.

I ride my bike along the bayou with my bow strapped to my back until I find the schools and then it's game on!

And yes the black fish is a Plecostomus. Apparently people empty their fish tanks into the bayou and there are tons of these. I actually quit shooting them as they are way to easy. The carp are much harder to stalk.

I've seen some monster goldfish and coy but just haven't landed one yet.

I've also heard about Tilapia being in there but have yet to see one.

It's a hoot!! I've probably taken 40 fish after 4 trips.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                                Yes, it is a plecostomus, just like you would have in an aquarium, only bigger! There are a gazillion of them in Lake Dunlap in New Braunsfels!

Bisch
                                I'll be darn

Comment

Working...
                                X