No announcement yet.

Nannie Stringfellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 or 6 I think. Really slow though. Nothing shot yesterday that I know of. Not really much seen either. I saw a button buck yesterday morning and that was it. Corn still on the ground from Monday afternoon. Oh well. Better than work I guess. Guys who have hunted here before say they usually kill something. I'm skeptical.

Comment

What compartment did you draw?

Comment

I live about 2 miles away from the Stringfellow Place. There are a lot of acorns this year. I put out some corn about 2 weeks ago at my house and its starting to grow! I'm not sure how they did it this year, but in previous years, they have a youth gun hunt the weekend before so it makes the bow hunting pretty tough at the beginning of the week. Things calm down later in the week and people seem to have better luck.

Comment

We have also been hunting Nannie this week and it is hard. We have yet to see a deer and we are in a great compartment. The corn we put out Monday is still there. Half the area is flooded and the other half is full of mosquitoes. At least the cool weather has slowed the water moccasins down.

Comment

My group has seen 5 deer in unit 1. All yearlings except 1 4pt. Pretty much what I'm hearing from everyone e. Maybe the cold will get em moving. All my corn is still on the ground from Monday.

Comment

One of my buddies has seen two fork horns. My bil had a button buck and I just had a deer of some sort walk thru in the brush. Other than that I'm listening to squirrels run around. I've got to be honest, I usually don't expect much on a public land hunt but this is really slow.

Comment

Back in the stand for the evening hunt. Buddy saw a spike already. I'm blanked so far. Nothing else killed by any of the hunters. Real SLOW.

Comment

Last morning. Still have only seen one deer and no hogs while in the stand. One little 8pt killed last night and a doe I think. Some deer seen by other hunters but no good bucks. We were told that the youth hunts were near 50% success this year and they take a bunch of kids. Maybe thinned em down.

Comment

My buddy always takes his kids to the youth hunts. They normally do a lot better. He said it was really slow this year for them too.

Comment

They need to thin the squirrels out a little bit by about 99%

Comment

My brother in law were there. I did see one nice buck twice, but not able to get a shot. My brother in law saw several does and a buck but way too far. Did not see any hogs, but corn was cleaned up 3 nights in a row.

Comment

I live a few miles from Stringfellow. I've got a couple acres of oats and wheat planted, and I haven't seen many deer in it. Last year I was covered up. Not sure what's going on.

Comment

There were something like 26 hunters on 3600 acres. There were 5 deer killed. 4 does and 1 buck. 8pt with a little over a 14" spread. T was terribly wet. I drove through some stuff that made me nervous but we made it. Took a cpl hours to cleanup the 4 wheeler. We had fun. I just would have thought we would have seen more.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X