No announcement yet.

The Highwaymen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple articles for the B&C history buffs.

By Joe Darby In two months it will be exactly 85 years since the notorious robber-killer duo of Clyde Barrow and Bonnie Parker met their end on a lonely north Louisiana road, about 45 or 50 miles n…

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I was shocked when they didn’t at least get a book deal.

The group swore to never talk about the incident, just do their job however grim it was. Hamer was notorious for not talking to the press or anyone about his work.

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
      They asked Chew and I to play Hamer and Gault....we both were too far behind on reports

Without spoiling it hope your Spanish is up to snuff and Minchew’s leopard dog can hold a candle to Hamer’s guard dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
        Good flick

They did mess up on Sheriff Jordan's accent a bit. But that's typical for Hollywood. Sheriff Jordan was a good friend of my grandfather who was born, raised and lived his entire life in Bienville Parish. I remember as a kid hearing stores of him going with Sheriff Jordan to transport prisoners to places like California and New York.

Yea, having grown up in Shreveport/Bossier I thought he sounded more south Louisiana vs. north Louisiana.

Comment

Good flick, one thing stands out to me. There were ignorant people even back then same as today that had disregard for our law enforcement. There were a lot of people who idolized criminal murderers of our public servants.

Comment

saw the preview, added to list.

Comment

Good flick

Comment

Great show. Another one would be Triple Frontier.

Comment

Wife and I watched it the other night, I thought it turned out great. One thing that is hard for a two hour movie to portray is the time aspect of things, I can't imagine how long it would take to drive as far as they were driving in those older vehicles.

They filmed for a couple of days on a friends ranch out towards Megargel, TX (a.k.a. middle of nowhere). Only a short couple of scenes from his ranch made it into the movie, the most notable one being the ending scene where they switch places in the car.

Comment

I watched it last night. I really enjoyed the movie. I liked way it showed the ways of the time, like when Hamer left with brown paper bag with sandwich in it. That is almost unheard of today.

Comment

I really liked it

Comment

I thought it was done very well. Costner and Harrelson were great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The wife and I downloaded and watched it on our flight back from Punta Cana. We both really liked it.

Comment

Watched it last night. Good stuff. If you want to go down another rabbit trail of Texas history, check out Woody Harrleson's dad.

Comment

Looking forward to watching it one night this week. Haven't heard anything bad.

Comment

Great pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X