No announcement yet.

Peep to pin relation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I'm the bottom pic. Never thought about it. I'll check next time I shoot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use #1 but my peep is sized exactly to my sight ring and I shoot single pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

#1 use 1/4" peep

Comment

Peep is same size as housing. I center them an make one and then shoot. Taught my daughter same. Seems easier to duplicate

Comment

I have always centered the pin and wondered why the sight housing had the glow in the dark ring.

I'm going to be changing my set up this spring just to try something different and will try shooting with the sight ring centered in the peep. At least the pins themselves won't need to change. Should just be an adjustment of the sight ring itself

Comment

When I anchor, they are already lined up ready to shoot.

Comment

Im leaning towards #1...but my sight ring matches my peep. the sight ring is just visible.

Comment

#1 and it's a bigger buck with a drop tine so I'm going with it.

Comment

I would guess it's #1 for me but I can't honestly say that I even see my peep or sight ring when I shoot. I shoot single pin, place it where I want on the deer based on distance and angle, and fire away. Seems to work. Maybe I will pay more attention next time I'm shooting styrofoam.

Comment

Option #1 for me. Just the way I was taught a long time ago, so it is what I do. Guess either way is good as long as you get set up and do it the same way every time.

Comment

#1 is simply easier: when aligning two circles of nearly equal size it is very easy to tell when they are not centered because anywhere they touch or overlap you know you're off and adjust to compensate. This also allows you to have a single consistent anchor point when using multi-pin sights.

#2 is much harder because aligning a very small dot in a large circle allows for much more error because you have to estimate distances from the edges of the circle to the dot. With multi-pin sights, you will have to change your anchor point for each pin...not very consistent.
                        Last edited by sir shovelhands; 02-13-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Option 1. Very easy for your brain to consistently repeat. Rat have a lot of good advice above. Head position is important and it is determined by DL, form, and peep height.

Comment

#1 for me. When my shooting would start to waiver and my groups were not to my liking I would take it back to the basics of venerating the housing in my peep.

Since moving from a multi-pins to a single pin. Due to fading eye-sight, lol. Centering the housing is essential to consistent groups.

Comment

The buck in the picture needs another year. I'd pass on him

Comment

I center the sight housing also, but if it works, it works. We ain't all built alike and all of us will never be on the same page no matter what the " correct " method is. For instance, all the " pros " say to float your pin, squeeze your shoulder blades together until you get a surprise release. I'm a trigger puncher. A bunch of dead animals proves that a trigger puncher can be an effective shot. May not be the right way, but it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X