No announcement yet.

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the call it is getting closer. Looks like they might beat Berger. Talked them on 6.5 140 VLD and they are saying still 4 to 6 weeks out.

Comment

I called Friday and my 7mm-08 isn’t even on the radar. They couldn’t even give me a realistic completion timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by STXJunkee View Post
        I called Friday and my 7mm-08 isn’t even on the radar. They couldn’t even give me a realistic completion timeline.
        Haha my action “might” be delivered not this week but the next

Comment

No worries fellas, it's worth it! Wait till you squeeze the trigger on one.

I finally got to shoot mine today. I couldn't take it any more. Sat down in the yard at deer camp and used a bogpod to rest. Gun went off quick the first time. THAT TRIGGER!!!! Is nice!

Next two pretty much in the same hole. Had to load up and leave and didn't shoot anymore.

143 eld-x at 100 yds

Comment

I think most of us realize there is nothing that Alamo can do but wait on the supplier at this point.

And it looks like you have a shooter, QB!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
              Well, I was warned. The Berger vld’s I had loaded for the rifle won’t fit in the magazine. I had some accubonds loaded for it. I think they are a bit shorter. Gonna have to check it out.

Why did you build the 6.5x284 on a short action?

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
                Why did you build the 6.5x284 on a short action?

I was told it would work with extended magazine. I’m not positive it got the extended magazine. I read more about it and saw that most built those on a long actions. I’m obviously not a gun expert. If the accubonds I had loaded fit and shoot it will be fine. The APR guys know about the situation already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I got the call Friday and my FFL got the email Friday as well. Should’ve shipped today and I should have it by the end of the week. Here are some pics from APR, really pleased with how it came out and can’t wait to see it in person.

Comment

Hell ya nice

Comment

Got the call from Alamo, it is being shipped off today. Can’t wait to see the end product

Comment

Like that pattern a lot!

Comment

You guys are killing me! I am so ready to get mone.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

I finally got to shoot mine today. I couldn't take it any more. Sat down in the yard at deer camp and used a bogpod to rest. Gun went off quick the first time. THAT TRIGGER!!!! Is nice!

Next two pretty much in the same hole. Had to load up and leave and didn't shoot anymore.

143 eld-x at 100 yds
                            When you start reloading for that, about 43 grains of RL-16 under that same bullet do a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

143 eld-x at 100 yds
                              Which trigger was in your. Did you get one after the switch to the Trigger Techs? Nice grouping for the first 3 shots fired.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                                Which trigger was in your. Did you get one after the switch to the Trigger Techs? Nice grouping for the first 3 shots fired.
                                I'm pretty sure mine was the first one released. It's got the timney

Comment

Working...
                                X