No announcement yet.

Pool excavation Tomball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built my own 7 months ago. I am a contractor and have seen several built over years on my projects.

The one advantage is time. I built a 33k gallon pool in 21 days. It turned out great but I don't think I saved any money end the end. My Diamond Brite plaster doesn't look all that great either. I my replace soon. The sub wasn't certified per the rep. So no warranty.

If I had it to over again...no pool lol.

I spent 90k cash between pool landscape and fence. It adds up quick! All pentair equipment

33k gallons dive pool
    Hot tub
    Soil condition
    1300 feet stamped concrete. Wraps around house.
    Attached Files

Comment

Oh and a Gas fire pit. 600 just for rocks!

And a custom designed rod iron fence.
      Attached Files

Comment

If it's any consolation, it looks really nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What do you not like about your plaster? I was thinking an aqua blue or blue ocean pebble sheen

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            What do you not like about your plaster? I was thinking an aqua blue or blue ocean pebble sheen

It's a custom mix for one. Takes two colors of material to get ours. I don't think he mixed it well. The hot tub is perfect. I now am told the best finisher does the tub.My biggest complaint would be the trowel finish work was sloppy. You can really see around the lights.

They came back drained pool and ran a sander and acid on while pool. Now it's got areas of Polish quarts vs areas of rough exposed aggregate look.

If I did it again I would have went with Pebble technology.

I will give you a suggestion though. We also have fountains on the long wall. We used a 2 1/2 horse stand alone pump for this and the relief jet is back level on a seat in the pool. This thing is amazing when cranked. It's a very deep tissue massage on lower back. It also moves some water. Dang near strong enough to swim againt.

Comment

Do you have a separate booster for your hot tub?

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Looking great with the gunite on it, keep em coming.

Comment

Any updates on this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      Any updates on this one ?
                      Nothing glamorous, just a few blisters on my hands and a backyard full of ****

Just spent the last couple of hours busting forms off. I chose not to hire a crew to clean and remove the forms. Now I have piles of dirt, gunite, etc scattered about. Hindsight, it would have been $ well spent. Oh well.... Wife has changed her mind on stone colors about three times this week. I think after today we have that nailed down. Equipment should arrive any day now, ordered all that Monday morning. Hoping to make some good progress next week. Not really sure how much it matters, but my gunite guy said to give it 10 days before starting the coping, tile so we did. Wonder how the HOA would feel about a roll off dumpster in my driveway

Comment

Looking good! My neighbor contracted his out several years ago.He said he saved a little over $10k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Roll off dumpster should look nice and make the neighbors happy

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                            I built my own 7 months ago. I am a contractor and have seen several built over years on my projects.

The one advantage is time. I built a 33k gallon pool in 21 days. It turned out great but I don't think I saved any money end the end. My Diamond Brite plaster doesn't look all that great either. I my replace soon. The sub wasn't certified per the rep. So no warranty.

If I had it to over again...no pool lol.

I spent 90k cash between pool landscape and fence. It adds up quick! All pentair equipment

33k gallons dive pool
                            Hot tub
                            Soil condition
                            1300 feet stamped concrete. Wraps around house.
                            Ouch.......I am 34,000 gallons with 1,500 square feet in cool spray decking, firepit & bench and a pavilion for less than $60K soaking wet. My two primary bids were $90K and $102K........huge savings over the local pool builders!
                            Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                            Nothing glamorous, just a few blisters on my hands and a backyard full of ****

Just spent the last couple of hours busting forms off. I chose not to hire a crew to clean and remove the forms. Now I have piles of dirt, gunite, etc scattered about. Hindsight, it would have been $ well spent. Oh well.... Wife has changed her mind on stone colors about three times this week. I think after today we have that nailed down. Equipment should arrive any day now, ordered all that Monday morning. Hoping to make some good progress next week. Not really sure how much it matters, but my gunite guy said to give it 10 days before starting the coping, tile so we did. Wonder how the HOA would feel about a roll off dumpster in my driveway
                            I got your PM. I texted my buddy for any coping guys he knows as mine was slower than paint drying.

Comment

Made some progress the last couple of days.

Equipment arrived yesterday. Plumber/electrician will be here Wednesday morning.

Comment

Pool excavation Tomball

I'm still working the tar outta the little guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X