No announcement yet.

Best single shot one hole...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper is about your best bet unless you build one. Most all factory single shots don’t have good accuracy. Like the Thompson pro hunters. Awful. The rugers aren’t real hot you just get lucky on occasion. Look at luxus arms as well.

Comment

I had a friend that let me shoot his 6mm ppc. It was set up like Artos mentioned. Awesome.

Comment

Personally, I'd think one of the Savage single shot rifles would get you the very best accuracy from a single shot factory rifle. Good luck with your search.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          .223 - 1:14" twist to shoot 50-55 gr pills at predators

sold it 4-5 yrs ago to build another custom rifle
          Well Mr Blake I have been thinking about having a 7 SAUM built. I would like a bolt action single shot. What is a good action, barrel and stock combo? This will be a hunting rifle would like it to weigh under 10lbs or less.

Comment

I was looking at an encore but then thought of one massive issue........we float a barrel to remove pressure......and this thing bolts the forearm to the barrel......and you then rest that on the .......whatever........

Problem for accuracy......bigtime.

Comment

Ain’t a single shot but here’s 3 shots out of my APR 26 Nosler at 350 with 140g nab’s

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                The most accurate single shot rifle I have every shot was a Browning 1885. I have had a Ruger Number 1, not even close, to the Browning. Some of the Ruger Number 1s look very nice, but I have not seen any that shoot that great. The one 1885 we had was a tack driver. It was a heavy barrel 22-250. That is another gun I want one of, not sure what caliber, but I definitely want another 1885. I keep finding them, but they typically are octagon barreled 25-06s or 243s with octagon barrels. I don't have much use for the octagon barrels. I want another heavy barrel gun. Also most I find have the straight grip stock, I liked the curved grip stock.
                ^^^^This. I have one in 7 mag and it is a lights out shooter. Not a one hole shooter, but darn near when I do my part. Handloaded 145 gr. Speer Grand Slams, a generous does of IMR 4350 or IMR 4831/CCI 250 primers and I'm set to go. I have an old box of factory Federal Supreme 150 gr. ammo that I'm VERRRRRRRY stingy with. It shoots just as well of better than the handloaded Grand Slams at 3150 fps.

If I could only have something done to the trigger.

I'd like to find another one in 6.5 X 55. A Dakota #10 is one I'd love to have as well.
                Last edited by SabreKiller; 01-22-2018, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Randy where did the other two go?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Ain’t a single shot but here’s 3 shots out of my APR 26 Nosler at 350 with 140g nab’s

You missed the bullseye..[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      You missed the bullseye..[emoji13][emoji23]
                      And he keyholed one shot and missed the target with the other two.

Comment

I like single-shots, no different than bolt-actions to me, of which I have several. Don't know what some of you guys are talking about, There's even less 'play' in them than bolts.
                        Personally, I like the H&R Handi-Rifle, got one now in a bull-barrel .243 that will shoot with anything else out there. My sons had another Handi-Rifle in .243, short-version ... wow, that gun was the most accurate gun we've ever owned, hated to sell it but they outgrew it.
                        Also owned a .25-06 in a Ruger #1, accurate and the caliber is devastating on deer-sized game. Just too heavy to carry around in the woods.
                        As far as 300+ yards go, don't see the need. Just get closer to your game, simple as that rather than wounding them.

Comment

Working...
                        X