New Year Workout Accountability 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    How's the shoulder doing? Mine has been giving me fits for awhile now. Between lifting heavy and shooting my bow it is aggravated. Kinda glad hunting season is over for me.
    Feels fine, and full range of motion. I know strength isn't there 100% and for the time being I'm finally ok with that. Sticking with medium type weight and slightly higher reps for now. Knowing when to say when is hard for me but I'm adapting

Avoiding certain lifts as well.... I got nothing to prove anymore just trying to make it pain free and surgery free as long as possible

Comment

When I had my shoulder checked he warned me my right bicep tendon was pretty aggravated as well. And I can tell it's still somewhat sore due to carrying a kid around a lot. So I have to be mindful there as well... kinda sucks cause I like to work arms, but I'm lucky I have arms that respond quick to just about any level of stimulus. No need to set new records

Comment

And I'm out for a while. Heel pain is related to damaged /torn tendon (plantar fasciitis). Will only get worse if i run. Gonna try the bike for awhile

Comment

Hate to heard that Bobby. At least you have "plan b"

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            And I'm out for a while. Heel pain is related to damaged /torn tendon (plantar fasciitis). Will only get worse if i run. Gonna try the bike for awhile
            The bike is much easier on everything than running anyway. Getting that rump in saddle shape aint no fun though. Stick with it brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
              How do y’all get motivated to start working out . I have never in my life worked out or ran . I’m very out of shape unless we are talking about round .
              Don't push it! I've been dormant for almost 3 months now. Haven't eaten too poorly, except for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner! When you first start, you have to push/force yourself to do it. After a month or two, you look forward to it. I started eating even better today. Got off too late today to workout before I fed. I don't workout late in the evening because I won't sleep at night. I may have to make myself get up early in the mornings. I feel better if I workout first thing in the morning. When I stopped working out in late October, my tennis elbow was acting up and my back and shoulders were hurting as well, everything feels great now. Gonna start back slow (hopefully tomorrow) and focus more on form than lifting any certain amount of weight. Athlean-X (YouTube) shows you the right and wrong way to lift. Either Jeff knows his stuff, or he's good at blowing smoke up your arse. Guess I'll find out. Gonna really have to push myself for a couple weeks. My wife has her eye on an elliptical, so maybe I can get some extra cardio in also.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                Feels fine, and full range of motion. I know strength isn't there 100% and for the time being I'm finally ok with that. Sticking with medium type weight and slightly higher reps for now. Knowing when to say when is hard for me but I'm adapting

Avoiding certain lifts as well.... I got nothing to prove anymore just trying to make it pain free and surgery free as long as possible
                That is pretty much the speech my Dr gave me about 2 years ago. Glad you were able to find some middle ground and stay after it.

Comment

How do y’all get motivated to start working out . I have never in my life worked out or ran . I’m very out of shape unless we are talking about round .

Several things motivate me.

1. Vanity - Yeah, I hate to say it but I'm not happy with the way I look and I know I have some good mass under this winter layer, once it's pealed off.
                  2. Health - I want to get off of my BP meds and hopefully I can get off my CPAP machine. Sleeping with that mask is uncomfortable.
                  3. To so set an example for my kids that, proper health and taking care of your body is very important. My son is a Type 1 Diabetic and he is just now starting to hit the gym. He's 14.

The hardest part of a journey is the 1st step, so cliche but it's true. And this hardest step is getting in to the gym. Once you're there, it's all a good time.

Back workout with 20 cardio in row machine today
                  20 minutes on the row is brutal. I usually just row for 2000 meters.

Negative on the being out Ghost Rider. Go to plan b. Stick with it.

This time of year is the hardest for me for those very reasons. Cutting the weight back to up the reps and decrease the rep time is hell on the mental game.

Glad your limb is doing better.

Comment

Overslept this morning by 45 minutes so I had to cut it short. Probably a good thing since my back is still hurt form yesterday. I think I strained a rhomboid. I've done it before and it literally took my breath away. Good thing this is not as bad. I made it in and did some chest and legs. Flat bench/walking lunges with kettle bells, cable fly/hanging leg raise/weighted crunches.

I spent more time on the floor stretching out my hip than anything. I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow.

I'm thinking arm day.

Comment

I hit the elliptical this morning and am trying to get back on the keto diet. I am down to 200 from 225. Ultimate goal is to hit 175. Got a mule deer hunt in Sept in AZ. That's my motivation.

Comment

Here are the things that get my butt off the couch and on the road or in the weight room (in order):

1) I owe it to my daughter to be healthy enough to play with her as she grows up and keep up with her when I’m older

2) I owe it to my wife to stay healthy enough to make her life enjoyable by being able to work on things around the house and give her a man to be proud of

3) I don’t want to be fat

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                          I hit the elliptical this morning and am trying to get back on the keto diet. I am down to 200 from 225. Ultimate goal is to hit 175. Got a mule deer hunt in Sept in AZ. That's my motivation.

Here is the link to our Keto thread if ya want to join in.

Got it in today and had a good session. Chest/back and abs. Sets were done in super set style as usual with 90 seconds or less rest time. After warm up, here is the meat of the session.

5x10 each super set

BB row/Hammer Strength incline
                          Cable Rows/Hammer Strength decline
                          Reverse grip Lat Pull downs/DB incline flyes - had to use straps on last set because L grip was blown.
                          Finished off with some ab work.

Tomorrow will be leg day. Depending on how the SI joint feels will depend on what I do.

Comment

Eggs and avocado for breakfast

Fish and veggies for lunch

God I hate eating healthy lol

Pumped for shoulders here in a bit

Comment

2 eggs, a portion of link deer sausage and a side of sauteed spinach for breakfast
                              Protein shake when done with my workout
                              grilled chicken and steamed veggies for lunch. These were leftover from dinner last night

Warm up 1 mile on the treadmill, worked shoulders, traps and calves today. Light walk and jog for 10 minutes on the treadmill and 12 minutes of stretching my back and legs in the dry sauna.

Get after it and stay after it fellas!

Comment

Back in, I went from 12% body fat back up to 17% since Harvey. Had a cancer removed on the 2nd and they had to repair my nose with a skin graft. Should be cleared in about a week. My wife is already in Ketosis so I should be back on track in no time.

Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Working...
                                X