Cheap Samick bow for long draws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap Samick bow for long draws

A lot of people like the Samick Sage for people just getting started in traditional archery my self included. The Sage is a cheap 62" bow that might feel a little short for longer draws.

This might be common knowledge, but I recently discovered that Samick Sage limbs will fit on a Samick Polaris riser. The Polaris riser comes in a longer 66" version for $60. This will make a 66" recurve with Sage limbs.

If you can find some discontinued Samick Journey limbs, this will make a 68" recurve.

You will lose a few lbs. of draw weight with the longer riser and I think I would limit myself to 45lb limbs or less with this setup.

When you are starting out, it is so important to get a bow that fits and that you can handle. This can be a real challenge for guys with long draws.

If you have a really long draw you might want to consider a light and cheap Polaris setup and then you can shoot comfortably all day long.

Good info!!

Comment

Yes, so find some 50 or fifty five pound Samick Sage limbs and you will be about right.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the tip!

Comment

Working...
        X