I hate thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
    Especially at an Academy during hunting season......
    yea, happens all to often at their stores, they need to provide a much better level of security for their customers.

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
    Isn't the pd in San Antonio doing something? As many as y'all report being stolen I'd figure the pd would be trying to do their jobs.
    Couple of Police bait trucks in operation would go a long way to solving this problem, along with a lengthly jail sentence.

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
    With as many trucks being stolen from so many spots in SA, it would take enormous manpower dedicated to doing "stings." Basically, it would take a task force effort. SAPD may be doing just that as far as I know. Without leads to follow or "snitches" in the know, there is really little else they can do.
    Might try getting a couple of bait trucks from the insurance companies. Stolen trucks that have been recovered.

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
    Just received a call from police dept. my truck was located in Laredo, Tx. Don't know what condition my truck is in, I need to call the wrecker service down there tomorrow. I will be looking into installing the ravelco assuming the truck isn't a total loss. I hope the truck is mechanically sound, don't know how long the insurance will give me to report any damages that I find other than the obvious if any.
    Great news, glad it was recovered.

My brother had his 4x4 Dodge Truck stolen in NW Houston. It was recovered headed north bound full of foreign exchange students near Corpus. High speed chase that ended out in the pasture. No one was caught, all escaped out into the brush. This was in the early 90's, not a new problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Kind of bitter sweet isnt it? When they found mine I was kind of upset because you never know what youre getting back. But I hope for your sake its clean and they didnt tear it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Yeah, happy yet sad at the same time, just got hone from work going to call my insurance to get hold of the Appraiser being he is at a conference. Want to get her home to see the damage.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
        Isn't the pd in San Antonio doing something? As many as y'all report being stolen I'd figure the pd would be trying to do their jobs.
        What are they going to do, set up a sting and arrest a bunch of guys and then watch the system let them go? Or deport them after feeding them...and then catch them again next Tuesday?

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
        Me too......

The criminal element is winning and that needs to change. Law enforcement is out numbered and underfunded and handicapped by having to fight a battle with rules against an enemy with no rules.

SSS needs to happen,...,.......when caught in the act.

They just hit our hunting camp so my tolerance has hit Zero.
        I agree. SSS

Comment

Thieves target those because they are easy to steal

No chipped ignition key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy had his stolen same year model

I think it has something to due with ignition key chips

My buddy got his back and installed an alarm

My theory is they steal them to do crash and grab burglary on closed late nite store fronts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bring back chain gangs and hard labor prison time for car and truck thieves. The State could use the extra labor to fix roads and other stuff that needs fixing---------CHEAP!
              When a prisoner tries to escape, turn the dogs loose. Let the dogs do the rest. Bury what's left right there. Other prisoners witnessing at few of these will be rehabilitated in the spot.
              Might add child molesters to the group as well.

Comment

Working...
              X