Amazing ending to the season!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing ending to the season!!!

First and foremost I have to give a HUGE thank you to Txfire409! He put up a whitetail doe hunt for raffle on here for any kid that may not be able to hunt this year. I submitted my nephew from Austin and he was chosen to go on the hunt.

The hunt took place a 700 Springs Ranch near Rocksprings and all I can say is wow. What an amazing ranch that is incredibly kid friendly! We stayed at the Bluff lodge which is built above the llano river. What an amazing view! The river has several species of fish if anyone would like to fish. From the get go it was made clear that this was our trip/vacation so just about anything the guest wanted to do we ok.

My nephew inherited a rifle last year from my step dad that passed and his mission was to take his first deer with his Henry 44 mag and iron sights. The guide dropped us off at a feeder and helped us brush in a pop up blind I brought. He then set off the feeder and left to drop another hunter in a stand. Within 15 mins we had 5 doe and a fork horn in front of us. They spooked and left but the biggest doe circled back and gave us a broadside shot at 30 yards. My nephew made the perfect shot placement and she went 20 yards before she stopped, looked back, and fell over. We sat and ended up seeing more deer and several sheep as he had the time of his life hunting.

The next day we took advantage of a target the guide told us about on top of a ridge directly across from the lodge. I happened to bring my tactical .308 just in case and am glad I did!
    One cannot have a perfectly clean steel target and not knock some paint off!
    I even got my nephew involved!
    you can see the target 2/3 up the ridge tucked into the cedar. We took turns ringing steel at 750 yards. My last three were in the top of the orange and he put 3 right around the edge of the orange.

All in all it was a great trip and I had a blast helping him get his first deer ever! The kids this weekend were very successful!
    At some point I will have to take my fiancé back so she can enjoy this beautiful ranch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow congrats to you all. Looks like a great place.

Comment

Looks like a blast! That's some good shootin too!

Comment

Wow, looks like a great trip to a great ranch.

Love that bed full of deer and kids.

Congrats.

Comment

Thanks. This was an awesome place with a lot to do besides just hunt. It really broke up the routine of hunt and sit around waiting to hunt. Lol. As far as the shooting goes, thanks as well! I love that rifle!

Comment

For the record, that little girl on the left is a trooper! Her daddy hung her doe up and skinned it down to where she could reach it and she did the rest! 11 years old and runs a knife better than some men I know!

Comment

I pretty much grew up on the 700 Springs Ranch as a kid. I also know several of the neighbors include Llano Springs Ranch. Absolutely amazing country.

Comment

Wow. Looks like a great place and looks like y'all had a great time!

Comment

That's awesome! Love to see that!

Comment

I'm glad to see yall had a great time and that your nephew got his first deer.

Comment

That looks like a good time! congrats to your nephew

Comment

That looked like a blast

Comment

good stuff right there!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

This is good stuff. Congrats to the memories!

Comment

Working...
                              X