Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those no trespassing signs plastic, or metal? If they're plastic, beware: cows will chew on them, break pieces off, swallow the pieces, and get bowel obstructions. Never underestimate the ability of a cow to get itself into trouble.

We have 25 acres. One thing I've learned is that on a smaller place like this, you have to be careful to avoid spooking off the game. For example, if you have a dog running around, he'll chase the deer, or if he gets around the feeders his dog scent will spook them off. You're probably going to scare the snot out of everything when you'd doing all this development. Go in, get it done, and get the **** out of there, and it will come together.

Looks like a good place. Lots of cover.

Comment

Just seeing this, looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Jp. View Post
        I'm tagging this for the ride. Awesome looking place and you are making a great start.
        I am headed to my place this Friday and go thru Red Springs north of Tyler. There is a tractor place there and I would be glad to stop off and see if he has a 9 or something that might be of intrest to you, if you would like.
        I know your intrest is a n9, is there something else?

Sorry for seeing this so late - I was at Sharkathon and didn't check the thread until now. Thanks for the gesture! I'm not quite ready to get the tractor just yet, since I still need to pick up the brush hog from StanR and get a little metal barn out there to store it, but I will let you know as soon as I am!

Originally posted by lrich View Post
        Thanks for the info on pruning good to know
        No prob!

Originally posted by Ruark View Post
        Are those no trespassing signs plastic, or metal? If they're plastic, beware: cows will chew on them, break pieces off, swallow the pieces, and get bowel obstructions. Never underestimate the ability of a cow to get itself into trouble.

We have 25 acres. One thing I've learned is that on a smaller place like this, you have to be careful to avoid spooking off the game. For example, if you have a dog running around, he'll chase the deer, or if he gets around the feeders his dog scent will spook them off. You're probably going to scare the snot out of everything when you'd doing all this development. Go in, get it done, and get the **** out of there, and it will come together.

Looks like a good place. Lots of cover.
        The signs are metal, and I don't have any cattle out there just yet. I need to build a 1500' run of fence this winter to finish closing in the perimeter first.

I hear ya on the animals/spooking. Next deer season will rock since I will have done a ton of pasture improvement and planted some food plots, along with having the blind and tree stands in place along game trails in the dense woods.

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
        Just seeing this, looks great!
        Thanks man!

Comment

following!

Comment

Once the season is over, if you ever need a hand on a weekend let me know, I would be more than willing to help out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              Sorry for seeing this so late - I was at Sharkathon and didn't check the thread until now. Thanks for the gesture! I'm not quite ready to get the tractor just yet, since I still need to pick up the brush hog from StanR and get a little metal barn out there to store it, but I will let you know as soon as I am!
              K, I saw one up front by the fence when I went by there. Not sure what model Ford it was but it looked pretty good.

Comment

I'm 13 plus years in to one of these projects and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Must be a labor of love!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
                  I think these will make my message pretty clear.
                  Must be the best playground around... we gota go in there!

Comment

Originally posted by tarjake View Post
                    following!
                    Enjoy the ride!

Originally posted by JamesWebb View Post
                    Once the season is over, if you ever need a hand on a weekend let me know, I would be more than willing to help out.
                    Thanks man - I'll definitely take you up on that, and I've got PLENTY of projects lined up for late winter/spring when the weather is still cool, but season is over.

Originally posted by Jp. View Post
                    K, I saw one up front by the fence when I went by there. Not sure what model Ford it was but it looked pretty good.
                    Right on man - I can't wait until I have the coin set aside for one.

Originally posted by courtatlawjudge View Post
                    I'm 13 plus years in to one of these projects and can't see the light at the end of the tunnel.. Must be a labor of love!!
                    No kidding - I already have about ten years of projects mapped out in my head!

Originally posted by Navasot View Post
                    Must be the best playground around... we gota go in there!
                    Heh...I hope the local kids don't think that. I already caught the neighbors kids shooting dove at the corner of my property, but they took off before I could catch up to them to confront them. How would you recommend I get in touch with their dad (he's a single dad) to let him know. I can't seem to find his number online and I don't want to just drive up into his place to find him and end up getting shot.

Comment

Id just find out were they have been coming through and set a few small steel traps.... it wont hurt them but should get some attention..

Or just go to the county office and see if they know him. Do you ever see him in and out during the time your there?

Comment

looks like your doing a great job. looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Comment

Looking good! Congrats!

Comment

fun isn't it, making a piece of property your own!

Comment

The best part of having your own place is the WORK that you put into it.

My place is not perfect by any sense , but I love to go out there, work and tinker around..

I get a lot of personal satisfaction from it.

Comment

Fun to watch this come together...

Comment

Working...
                                X