No announcement yet.

Which Bay Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a trolling motor on my Pescador but never used it so got rid of it.

Comment

If you are going to be fishing Sabine I wouldn't worry about anything to get skinny. I would worry more about handling rougher water and how dry the ride is. My buddies have ran a Seafox, Triton lts, and a Seachaser. They are all good boats that handle that type of water very well and can still get you shallow. My favorite is the Triton LTs. That boat is one of the smoothest dry riding boats I have been in, and handles rough water very well. We fish that boat from the bayous all the way out to the short rigs.
      I love how people immediately start throwing at the baddest most expensive items when questions like this are presented. For practicality I would look at boats similar to those three.

Comment

Originally posted by b.latiolais View Post
        Yea, I know I don't need one I just like them. I love fishing the marsh but my Southfork and Tohatsu are just fine for that. I will end up with a Kenner or the like just trying to figure out which one I want. I like the Pathfinders, Tritons, Blackjacks, Sea Fox, etc.... Just curious of some personal experiences with any of them.

You fish a lot. What boat are you running?
        I have sold ALL my boats but have had a blue wave, kenner, carolina skiff and a key west. I liked the key west best of all. Smooth dry ride and was very nice for the price. I would personally look into a Dargel and see if one fits your needs. Ive been mulling over the idea of another boat but honestly cant justify the cost of owning one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	24196019

Here is my Century. Super boat. Smooth ride and fishes great

Comment

I currently own a Kenner and have since 2005. I love it. Been a great family boat. Been thinking of putting it on the market cause I have the itch for a different boat. My next boat will either be a Shallow Sport modified V or the 25 foot Majek. I have test drive ALOT of boats lately and those are my two finalist. Haynie is a nice boat also and it is smooth and dry like everyone is saying. The reason for that though is because its narrower so it cuts the water better. The down fall is if u anchor in the slightest of chop to fish four people off the side it rolls way to much for my liking because of its narrowness. There are a million options out there and my only real suggestion is drive before u buy cause everyone has a different liking on how a boat handles.

Comment

Boatright custom flats.

Comment

Shallow Sport Modified V problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  I love my Kenner. My next boat will be a shallow sport. Made in Texas.
                  Don't do it bob... my buddy owns a glass shop and I see ss in there all the time. A lot of flex in their decks.

Comment

Haynie....
                    Pathfinder, majek and the pure bay is a great boat. All depends on what you want to spend.

Comment

PHP Code:
                      see 
                      Originally posted by Maxlab View Post
                      Shallow Sport Modified V problem solved.
                      That boat will do both.surprised me how skinny they Will run but still not a fan of the boats.

Comment

Man that's all you see down there. Shallowsports.

Comment

Texas made Desperado Outlaw at 22ft

Comment

Majek Extreme

Comment

22 Mosca Bay Raider made in Corpus Christi

Comment

Oh there are plenty around but just letting you know what I see in his shop. Next time you get on one keep sn eye on the deck when you walk around. Almost all the ones I have been on have some flex to it which will lead to some glass work down the road. If you want a skinny boat check out the haynie cats, ultra cat ( I heard that majek bought the mold and is fixn to start poppin them out) mejak redfish line but they will beat your teeth out.shoalwater makes a hell of a cat as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X