No announcement yet.

Final Table Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that amount of spices is it only good for one shot, or do you have left over??

Comment

Flip it everynow and then, or fat side down and leave it?

Comment

Cant wait until the weekend to try the rub, sounds dang good!!!

Comment

No expert here but here is what I do:

- 9-12 lb brisket
          - Kosher salt - I cover it pretty good
          - Adams Brisket Rub - I cover every inch of it - it will be a dark orange in color
          - Black Pepper - Cover it heavy, heavy (when i do it there will be no meat showing)

My pit is a 24" pipe with a firebox on one end. I use nothing but mesquite wood.
          I set the briskets almost on the other end of the pit (over halfway from the fire), also fat side up and they stay this way until done.
          I spray Apple Juice on the Brisket and close the lid. I come back about every hour and spray the Brisket down with apple juice until it is running off of it.

I cook the Briskets for 10 hours, internal temp is at 190°, this is done as far as I'm concerned. I then wrap them in foil, spray them down with apple juice (before closing up the foil) and let them set for 4 hours. At this point you can slice them up or after they have cooled to room temp I wrap them up in another layer of foil and put them in the freezer until ready to use. When ready I get a big pan and put about 1/2" of water in it, set the brisket in this still wrapped in the foil. Open the foil and put some water in there. Close the foil, crank the oven up to 275° and put the brisket in there for 1 1/2 hours - ready to serve after this.

Like I said, I am no expert but this is the way I have been doing it for years. No complaints yet.

Enjoy...

Comment

Bring this favorite back up since Im finally going to make one in the morning.

Comment

Bam back to the top! I will be smoking some meat this weekend. Go Texans!!!!!!

Comment

will have to try. Sounds good!

Comment

Doesn't letting the brisket rest for 30 mins cool it off? I realize its in a cooler which will retain some heat but surely it cools off. How do you reheat it without drying it out?

Comment

wrap in tinfoil and an old towel when you put it in the cooler and it will be serving temp hot for hours. 4 hours in a reasonable sized cooler and it will still be warm enough to slice and serve.

Comment

Smoked a brisket using this rub and turned out great. Best flavor I have tasted on brisket. Was good on the ribs too!!

Comment

Why in the world did I open this thread?!?! My family and I are doing the Daniels Fast (no animal products or by-products) and I have 10 more days to go...and now all I can think about is brisket!!! hahaha...but I'm DEFINITELY gonna try this one weekend after next

Comment

sounds good

Comment

Your recipe sound great, I'm gonna have to try it.

Comment

Note: I do not advocate wraping brisket in aluminum foil at any time durring the cooking process. The reason is once you wrap it in foil two things happen. Number one you stop the BBQ process and enter into a steaming process. Number two it makes for a washed out tasting brisket. Making it kinda taste like a pot roast. You aint BBQin to make a pot roast. You're BBQin to make good Texas BBQed flavored meat

ENJOY[/QUOTE] I like your explanation on not using foil and using a towel instead. A lot of people think that foil will hold the heat in. While it does prevent heat loss from air movement, aluminum is a great heat conductor. So I see your point in the towel (insulator) letting the meat continue to cook, but allowing it to breath as well. Makes sense to me.

Comment

sounds good!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X