Powerstroke 6.7 Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powerstroke 6.7 Delete

Thinking about deleting a '13 F250 with 60,000 miles on it. For the guys who have done it/ have experience with it, any negatives to doing a delete? Issues with inspection?

Thanks

Bought mine with it already done. Haven’t had an issue with inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just make sure you go with a reputable tuner. I’ve running both PPEI and Tyrant for tunes on my 17 F-350, and I’m not a fan of PPEIs transmission tuning at all. I don’t play with the hot tunes at all, just want a good low power daily driving tune that can hook up to a trailer. Tyrant seems to have their transmission tuning on point, but it was a little Smokey for my liking.

Comment

I PROMISE you will not regret it.

Comment

No regrets here

Comment

One negative I can think of is when it comes time to unload it, although the tuner and mods cost you money upfront (and improve the reliability and lifespan of your engine) the dealers will supposedly offer you less at trade in time or decline the deal altogether.

I've read this isn't an issue so much when you pass 100k on the clock though as most of those vehicles usually go to a whole seller or auction.

I often wonder how to handle selling one outright - does one have to disclose the vehicle is somewhat lighter than it used to be, or sell it as "offroad use only"?

What I'm trying to say is if you plan on keeping it forever then going through with it is a decent enough plan- if you plan on moving on in a couple of years or aren't known for keeping vehicles a long time then you might want to save your money and the headache that might pop up when swapping out.

For those who say "just put it back to stock"-

I've personally deleted, blocked off and swapped pipes and in no way shape or form would look forward to undoing all that mess. Besides, I doubt the DEF pump or tank are happy to get back to work after a few years of retirement.

Comment

Don't regret doing mine.

Comment

Next question would be: any recommendations for someone to do it around DFW? Ballpark price after it’s all said and done with tune?

Comment

I'm thinking about deleting my '16 in the near future. Any contacts that can do this work around the Houston / Baytown area? Plus the gong rate for this work $$?

Comment

Originally posted by Main Frame View Post
                    Next question would be: any recommendations for someone to do it around DFW? Ballpark price after it’s all said and done with tune?
                    David Boone with 3rd Coast Diesel in McKinney... he’s deleted all my families trucks. He’s a good dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by odogg View Post
                      I'm thinking about deleting my '16 in the near future. Any contacts that can do this work around the Houston / Baytown area? Plus the gong rate for this work $$?
                      PowerStroke Enginuities is out of Houston, and does good work. $1800-2500 ballpark.

Comment

be ready to deal with it again when you sell it.

Had a friend that did this-- and when he was selling they were about done with the deal it came up, it cost cash to get it back to stock- Im no expert but believe at the time it was illegal and bc of the texas clean air act he was threatened with a 25k fine... Just know where you need to go for inpections etc. and you should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          PowerStroke Enginuities is out of Houston, and does good work. $1800-2500 ballpark.
                          I appreciate the info. I'll give them a call. Thanks!

Comment

Powerstroke Enginuities out of Houston for the tune on a 6.7

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Just make sure you go with a reputable tuner. I’ve running both PPEI and Tyrant for tunes on my 17 F-350, and I’m not a fan of PPEIs transmission tuning at all. I don’t play with the hot tunes at all, just want a good low power daily driving tune that can hook up to a trailer. Tyrant seems to have their transmission tuning on point, but it was a little Smokey for my liking.
                              I run tyrant on my 17 as well. Which file are you running? He has a clean version and a smokey (low boost fueling) version of each file. I also just talked to Cale on the phone and he is going to be adding a version thats in between the two. A *medium* smoke version. Still get the low end throttle response to spool the turbo but less smoke.

Also I run the medium raised shift points and love it. Cale definitely has the transmission tuning on point.

OP you won't regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X