Never know what you might catch fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never know what you might catch fishing

Yesterday I decided to hit one of my honey holes that I have fished for the last few years. It's a 10 acre pond. I have caught a lot of nice bass and ALOT between 5-10 lbs. Yesterday I was just gonna crappie fish but ended up catching more than just crappie. Caught one bass weighing 7 lbs 3 oz and a huge grass carp. Fighting these on a spinning reel with 4 lb line and a small crappie jig was fun. Ended up catching a lot of crappie and a few big crappie as well.

Looks like a fun day with some hongry feesh!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

sweet.

Comment

Looks like lots of fun!

Comment

I caught a 4.78 bass on a crappie jig last year and finally landed it.
            Couldn't imagine a 7 pounder. Good fish!

Comment

Originally posted by neilmc70 View Post
              I caught a 4.78 bass on a crappie jig last year and finally landed it.
              Couldn't imagine a 7 pounder. Good fish!
              It took me 5 min for the bass and almost 20 min for the carp lol

Comment

Sounds like a blast. I know more crappie fisherman that catch huge bass...... Big bass are seemed to be suckers for easy meals.

Comment

Once I caught and landed a 16 pound flat head on a crappie rig, it was a blast!

Nice fish

Comment

I am jealous, not of the fish, but of you having a private place to fish.

Comment

When I lived on the Guadalupe River/Lake Placid, used to fish for both the ordinary carp and the grass carp. Those grass carp are fighters. Neighbor caught one that weighed 24.8 lbs! Biggest I caught was 12-13 lbs or so. They fight so long and hard that you have to resuscitate them or they turn belly up and float away.

I am planning to go check game cam pics today at one of my hog-hunting spots and will do a turn around the tank while there--hopefully to catch a few bass and crappie myself!

Comment

Very nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie41 View Post
                          I am jealous, not of the fish, but of you having a private place to fish.
                          Ya I'm very blessed to have this place and it produces great fish

Comment

My 9 lbs 9 oz from the pond last week

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              When I lived on the Guadalupe River/Lake Placid, used to fish for both the ordinary carp and the grass carp. Those grass carp are fighters. Neighbor caught one that weighed 24.8 lbs! Biggest I caught was 12-13 lbs or so. They fight so long and hard that you have to resuscitate them or they turn belly up and float away.

I am planning to go check game cam pics today at one of my hog-hunting spots and will do a turn around the tank while there--hopefully to catch a few bass and crappie myself!
                              The carp weighed 13 lbs 10 oz...I could imagine a 24 pounder lol

Comment

Working...
                              X