Crossfit Open 2019?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    It will kick your ***. It can be scaled to any level which is good but you will need full gym equipment to complete. Its designed by a guy who trains pro athletes. He is on the payroll of multiple professional sports teams. Its all about explosiveness and depending on your goals its customize-able eg. targeting weaker muscle groups, shredding vs bulking. I would highly recommend it and comes with good meal plans. Philosophy is stop counting calories, eat as much as you want 6 times a day just make sure its 100 percent clean eating. I started at 245 and ended at 270 with a significant reduction in body fat. You will rarely do the same exercises day to day. He has a ton of free videos on you tube so check em out. He is highly educated as well in sports medicine.
    I'll check it out

Comment

I used a 14# ball and got exactly 6 rounds in 19.1. Last week was my first week back at crossfit tho so I am happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I need a heavy movement and then BMU or T2B or to help me out on my rankings lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
          We had some crazy scores due to the glitch in the rowing... per an article posted last year from HQ

Set the damper on 1. I hard pull every 7 seconds nets you 3 cals a pull. Gets you all 19 cals in about 45 seconds. Had a couple guys improve 60 reps after doing it normal then with “cheating” way lol.

19.2 will be 17.1.. dB snatch and burpee box jump

What rower do yall have?
          We have heard the myth and we have debunked it with all our rowers at our gym and had friends try that at other gyms and have never found one it works on.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
            What rower do yall have?
            We have heard the myth and we have debunked it with all our rowers at our gym and had friends try that at other gyms and have never found one it works on.
            I’ve never heard this before. I’m going to try it out to see if it’s BS. I can usually get a calorie a pull once I’m going and that’s set on 7’ish.

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post
              I’ve never heard this before. I’m going to try it out to see if it’s BS. I can usually get a calorie a pull once I’m going and that’s set on 7’ish.
              So is it a resistance thing? Ours has always been set on 10 and I've never moved it.

Comment

Originally posted by duckman49 View Post
                What rower do yall have?

Concept 2. They said it’s a hard pull. Only 1 girl was able to do it. I didn’t see it in person but my buddy told me all about it. Said it’s for real. Most people did it normal at the Friday night lights. It came up and some people did it on Monday and killed it. One guy in our range at 7 rounds + 4 improved it to 8 + 35 on Monday. These are definitely older rowers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rwurz View Post

I’ll try and get some video of it next time I’m there. I was shocked about it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    So is it a resistance thing? Ours has always been set on 10 and I've never moved it.

Not sure. It’s a glitch in the computer somehow. I always move my dampener around. I kept it around 5/6 on this one. I knew my legs were going to blow up on the wall.

Comment

For the guys/gals doing these WODs.

Is that the only workout you are supposed to do for the entire day? Or are you mixing it into a routine and crossing out the muscle groups you used in the WOD. Not that it doesn't seem taxing but it seems very short to me. For example today is sets of push presses or push jerks. Is that all you would do and then call it quits?

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                        For the guys/gals doing these WODs.

Is that the only workout you are supposed to do for the entire day? Or are you mixing it into a routine and crossing out the muscle groups you used in the WOD. Not that it doesn't seem taxing but it seems very short to me. For example today is sets of push presses or push jerks. Is that all you would do and then call it quits?
                        Yeah that's weird, I haven't used their programming but I know some people do, but showing 1 lift for the WOD Is strange.

Check out this one, http://crossfitnewengland.com/wods-news/

Theirs is more in line with what a typical gym will do. I have been to 3-4 different gyms and most seem to run the same 1 hour class structure..

15mins warm up and stretch
                        15 mins to perform a lift

And then a workout from 10-20mins.

Comment

I also know some guys that do a workout (metcon) first, anywhere from 5m-25mins long and then will do a lift after. Here are a couple of the workouts from my old gym that I saved, and a couple I've done from the cfne website.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I got 307 reps (8 +3) on 19.1 on the first go. I redid it less than 12 hours later and did 293. I knew half way through that I didn't have it mentally that day to beat my previous.

TShelly, how would you know what 19.2 is when it does not get released until tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                              I got 307 reps (8 +3) on 19.1 on the first go. I redid it less than 12 hours later and did 293. I knew half way through that I didn't have it mentally that day to beat my previous.

TShelly, how would you know what 19.2 is when it does not get released until tonight?
                              💪 good stuff man

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                                I also know some guys that do a workout (metcon) first, anywhere from 5m-25mins long and then will do a lift after. Here are a couple of the workouts from my old gym that I saved, and a couple I've done from the cfne website.
                                Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                                This is more what I am looking for in an athleticism program. I had to google half the terms ha. Honestly the Olympic lifts are what is going to take a lot of time and patience for myself. I have been working on my Olympic style front squat and got it down pretty well with some decent loads with a strict rack grip. OH squat I bet I would lose my balance and fall over with 155lbs on the bar

Comment

Working...
                                X