Moving to Denver - Looking For Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
    Thank you! I actually spent the first 16 years of my life in NJ. It’s not all bad, South Jersey was great.
    ..........and Colorado is even better!!! U got this sir........proud for yall. Enjoy the 4 seasons they are purely enjoyable!!!

Comment

I did not mean to rain or your move, but I have had friends that have moved there and hated it due to the cost of living and the State income tax, but I have friends that still live there and love it. If interested since your wife is a teacher, I work with a lady that taught in Colorado Springs and loved it. If she wants any contacts to get back into teaching, give me a shout and I will get Bailey in touch with your wife to maybe help her out if needed.

Again, sorry for my original post, but I do hope it works for your family and everyone enjoys the time spent in a very beautiful state and one loaded with 100's of hunting and leisure time opportunities.

Just because you are moving out of state does not mean you need to leave the green screen. No matter where you live, you know you will always be welcome here!

Comment

Know your company's drug policy before you toke up.

Comment

I live up in frederick (north of denver) if you want any info shoot me a PM. The market is insane, my house has gone up almost 100k since 2015. The problem is, the front range is slowly going away and it's all homes. Meaning anything close to I25 is gold, and getting higher in demand.

Taxes aren't bad.

We only talk trash about texas, when we see a plate during elk season. Seriously though, Colorado is hard to beat. Great fishing, hunting is solid, backpacking is great. JUST BE READY FOR LIBERALS, I MEAN REAL LIBERALS, the ones that think meat in the store did not die and just showed up wrapped in plastic.

Comment

Moving to Denver - Looking For Advice

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            I did not mean to rain or your move, but I have had friends that have moved there and hated it due to the cost of living and the State income tax, but I have friends that still live there and love it. If interested since your wife is a teacher, I work with a lady that taught in Colorado Springs and loved it. If she wants any contacts to get back into teaching, give me a shout and I will get Bailey in touch with your wife to maybe help her out if needed.

Again, sorry for my original post, but I do hope it works for your family and everyone enjoys the time spent in a very beautiful state and one loaded with 100's of hunting and leisure time opportunities.

Just because you are moving out of state does not mean you need to leave the green screen. No matter where you live, you know you will always be welcome here!

No worries brother, I honestly didn’t take it that way AT ALL. Trust me, I’ve gone back and forth on the pay cut and increased costs of living in my head a thousand times before I accepted the position. At the end of the day, it’s a means to a goal and it’s a necessary step to take my career to the next level. Denver is a high profile location for us and it’s a great opportunity to either make or break it. I’m stressing about the cost of buying a place but I am really leaning towards that over the stress of living in someone else’s home and paying their mortgage. Add in all the benefits of being a homeowner when we get relocated and it just makes the decision even easier. The state income tax stinks but having 1% property tax versus the almost 3% we pay now makes up for it when you take the value of the home into account. All that said, my brother is a Major in Colorado Springs and my sister in law is a Major in Denver and we are absolutely stoked to be near them and get some quality time with their new kiddo. He’s been there for 2 years now and has scoped out all the good hunting spots for us already! My union seniority will always be here in Houston though so there’s a really good chance that one day we end up right back here and that’s perfectly ok with us, so I won’t be leaving the GS any time soon.

Here’s a photo of my brother and I in Deckers last summer. Only about an hour from where we will be living.

Last edited by kae006; 03-24-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
              No worries brother, I honestly didn’t take it that way AT ALL. Trust me, I’ve gone back and forth on the pay cut and increased costs of living in my head a thousand times before I accepted the position. At the end of the day, it’s a means to a goal and it’s a necessary step to take my career to the next level. Denver is a high profile location for us and it’s a great opportunity to either make or break it. I’m stressing about the cost of buying a place but I am really leaning towards that over the stress of living in someone else’s home and paying their mortgage. Add in all the benefits of being a homeowner when we get relocated and it just makes the decision even easier. The state income tax stinks but having 1% property tax versus the almost 3% we pay now makes up for it when you take the value of the home into account. All that said, my brother is a Major in Colorado Springs and my sister in law is a Major in Denver and we are absolutely stoked to be near them and get some quality time with their new kiddo. He’s been there for 2 years now and has scoped out all the good hunting spots for us already! My union seniority will always be here in Houston though so there’s a really good chance that one day we end up right back here and that’s perfectly ok with us, so I won’t be leaving the GS any time soon.

Here’s a photo of my brother and I in Deckers last summer. Only about an hour from where we will be living.

Sounds like you have the majority if this figured out.
              Good luck with your new position and new adventures.

I have filled out several applications with companies up that way looking to relocate. None have reached out thus far,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look in Castle Rock... the challenge is that rent is more expensive than a mortgage, houses in the 350-400 range sell within 48hrs of getting listed. I live in Col Springs and work in Denver... but moving north because the commute is horrible. You should also look out in Parker, about the same drive and price as Castle Rock. Good luck!

Comment

Living in Colorado is a dream of mine. Enjoy the mountains and all of the public hunting!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X