Llano cull buck on ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Llano cull buck on ice

I first started getting pictures of this deer in August. I could tell he was an older deer even though he had a puny rack. El Padrino went on the hit list.

Click image for larger version

Name:	llanocull.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	25163639

Come early November, with zero sightings of either one of my other target bucks, in person or on camera, I decided to go after Padrino who was becoming pretty regular at one particular spot.

He turned out to be quite a challenge to get with a bow. He was a very spooky deer that would snort and run at the slightest disturbance.
    The first hunt, he showed up early and slipped off before day break. The second hunt, he circled downwind and busted me.
    The third hunt, something spooked a doe that was at the feeder as I was about to draw my bow and she ran Padrino and everything else off with her.

I put some shoot-thru mesh on the shooting window, waited until the wind was perfect again, and slipped in on a weekday morning 30 minutes before first light. Right after the feeder went off a small buck, 2 does and Padrino showed up.
    After a minute or two, Padrino became visibly unsettled. I guess he just had a feeling. He threw his head up, looked around nervously, and turned like he was going to leave but I was ready for him that morning. I quickly drew, placed my 30 yard pin on his heart as he was leaving and sent a Viper trick on its way. It hit him hard and he piled up about 80 yards away.

He weighed 157 lbs, which is a big deer for the area.

This is a special buck for me because it's the first deer we've killed on our new ranch. Hunting and harvesting a deer on your own land is one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced.

Click image for larger version

Name:	llanobuck2sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	376.4 KB
ID:	25163638

good shooting.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice work, congrats !!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

well done, nice deer!

Comment

Congrats, I love killing deer that need killing and he's a winner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good job!!! Congratulations!!

Comment

He is an old brute for sure. Nice management "First Kill" on the new place. Great harvest. Some good sausage or jerky right there.

Comment

Determination pays dividends. Congrats on taking him out.

Comment

Congrats on killing the buck! Really cool to get to kill him on your property!!

Comment

Working...
                              X