No announcement yet.

Backyard putting green DIY - real grass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry the pics above got deleted accidentally.

Comment

Updated pics of the green. I've been top dressing with sand every week and it rolls awesome!

Back yard...

Side yard green....

Comment

That looks awesome, now you need some undulation in the next green you build.
        Great job!!!

Comment

Excellent work! Looks great!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

i need one of these!!

Comment

That is so cool

Comment

Looks great.

Comment

Looks like 12.5 on the stimpmeter! Augusta has nothing on you!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I'm no golfer, but that actually looks like a lot of fun. So sand is how they get the green to be so fast?

Comment

When you going to put in the sand trap??

Comment

I'm no expert by any means but the sand is to help level and smooth it out so there won't be any ball hopping. They get it fast by mowing it very short (1/8" or less), rolling it, and letting it dry out. My mower is cheap and will only mow down to 3/16" but it does a good job for a backyard green.

Stan I will probably get it done in the next 2 weeks. We have been busy on the weekends but things are settling down now.

My wife wants me to make it rounder like an actual green on a golf course so I'm gonna expand it a little.

All told with the mower, roller, hole cutter, cups, and sand I've got about $750 in it so far. So its not too bad and I love the feel of it under my toes every evening. I actually played golf last weekend and only had one 3 putt so it has helped me alot.

Comment

Ahh, ok that makes sense. Really cool tho. I might have to make one just cuz. Maybe it'll help my mini golf game.

Comment

Working...
                                X