Spring/Summer plot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring/Summer plot

Closing on my own place in Choctaw County Oklahoma in early May and thinking about doing a spring summer plot. My problem is I have no implements. This would need to be something like a throw and mow type of plot. Is there such a beast for spring/summer plots?

I know I'll be fine for a fall plot with this method.

I will be setting up a feeder and getting it running right away, but wanted to do everything I could to get the deer accustomed to coming my way.

I believe there is only one other property around me that hunts. And I can see a food plot and a feeder on Google earth, but he's a long ways from my place. And it looks like his food plot floods quite often.

Thoughts?

What I am gonna try/do in my flood bottom is to posthole dig and plant some beans and peas then fence/wire them in to keep them from being chewed down to nothing...say 2' diameter plots...2x4 welded wire held down by a tpost...disperse about 10 of them. Furthermore...stagger planting dates.

We'll see.

I bet you could get alot done with a contractor rake, various seeds and buckets of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      What I am gonna try/do in my flood bottom is to posthole dig and plant some beans and peas then fence/wire them in to keep them from being chewed down to nothing...say 2' diameter plots...2x4 welded wire held down by a tpost...disperse about 10 of them. Furthermore...stagger planting dates.

We'll see.

I bet you could get alot done with a contractor rake, various seeds and buckets of water.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post

We'll see.

Are you saying you are going to have 30 Square Feet of Food plots? If so, I hope you don't have more than 1 deer.....I had 174,240 square feet (4 acres) of soybeans that grew to about 4.5' tall by July and were stripped clean by September.....

Comment

Working...
          X