No announcement yet.

Welcome to my world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great pics Rusty and looks like you're still having some good hunts!! Plenty of season left, I bet it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I sure hope so! Course I didn't shoot the buck I was after last year till Dec. 5, so I figure I'm right on track! I know I "popped off" and said I wouldnt hunt this coming week, but I bet I wont be able to stand it! Prob do a couple of low impact, perimeter hunts on the south, and north plots, before I leave for my "cull" hunt next Saturday Dec. 3. More than once the right lady has drug a good un in there! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Awesome post really have enjoyed the ride. Especially since I'm a NE Texas hunter also.

Comment

good luck spidermonkey! great buck for sure

Comment

Thanks brothers, REALLY appreciate it! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

PM sent your way

Comment

Hey Brad, have you gotten any of my pm's? It don't appear they're going through? Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Got back from my cull hunt on my buddies lease Tues eve, and have had to work late every eve since! Way it seems to go sometimes. Will be after em tomorrow eve, IF I CAN GET AWAY FROM THE ROCKPILE! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Tomorrow should be good if the wind will lay a little. Good luck!!

Comment

Well, finally got off work early enough to go Friday eve guys! Went to Hardwood Hill cuz that is the ONLY place I have laid eyes on Lopside (last Nov.), it's good for an ESE wind, BUT, not much of an eve spot. Also, had pics of him here at the "community scrape" at the beginning of November. Anyways, here's a few pics for ya, and that's bout it!! Got skunked It was 40 deg when I left the truck, so I was excited it was gonna be good... Not so much. Oh well, still a grand time in the woods! And, there aint too many times you can see your breath steam at 3:00 pm in the eve round these parts!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Crossin west swamp creek, over to the east side where Hardwood Hill is... This is the very northern most end of the swamp, and it is only 75 yds or so wide here. It gets considerably wider the further south ya go.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just a view lookin south outta the Hardwood Hill stand... I know I've hunted no tellin how many days this year (guess I always do ), prob close to 20 were on the "trips" I got blessed to go on, with the rest dedicated to Ol Lopside. Have yet to lay eyes on that wiley ol scoundrel!! But have been very blessed to kill 3 deer so far this year with the ol trusty Sarrels, so, definitely NOT a bad year at all! ... Just having a time even SEEING this sucker!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Had to work this morn, but got off in time to go this eve. Decided to go to South Plot, cuz I figured they would be eatin the greens, and I hadn't hunted here since Hattie killed her buck 11/12. This is crossing the fence into the growed up plot field... The Red Oak I usually hunt is in the upper left of this pic, but, for some reason, I opted for the cow panel blind on the south end this eve...
                            Attached Files

Comment

The shredded lane giving me "semi-quiet" access to the back side of the cow panel blind... Not that it matters, but any of those head high to 8' pine trees ya see are some I planted but 4 yrs ago all over my place. They were bout 10-12" tall when I planted em (500 of em!), and now they are lookin purty good. Obviously, prob only bout a third (at best) made it. Oh, and yeah, the bucks love rubbin em
                              Attached Files

Comment

Lookin straight east outta the blind... Bout 20 yds to the other side in this spot...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X