X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more of Sand Hill plot... Happy Thanksgiving guys, and God Bless, Rusty
    Attached Files

Comment

You didn't stick the hog? Happy Thanksgiving.

Gary

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Rusty!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving Rusty, and good luck tomorrow!!

Comment

Figured you knew me better than that by now DRT! No, didn't shoot the pig, ain't having a screaming death run pig messin up my hunt before it even gets started! He came in right as it was gettin light enough to shoot. Y'all may disagree, but, I ain't changing my mind... Just the thought of me possibly ruining a chance at a good buck, makes me cringe to think I did it just cuz I can't stand a pig! And YES, I ain't feral pigs #1 fan for sure! Oh, yeah he was in range Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I can't let one go. Opening morning last year they came through by me as I was getting in my stand. Shot one before I climbed up. Right after the feeder threw I shot another. Can't not sling an arrow. I'd just as soon shoot a pig as anything. Love to shoot a big buck but don't have any around. Rather a pig than a doe or cull.

Gary

Comment

But then again, I like to kill stuff more than I should I guess.

Comment

I hear ya brother! Ohh, I like to shoot em too! Just not at the expense of possibly my hunt. And yes, I too love to shoot stuff! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Well guys, got a chance to do an all day (green apple) sit yesterday at Swamp Ladder... Wished I had some awesome hunt where I had movement all day... Not so much ! I ended up having "Curly", come by in bow range at 7:30, on the move, looking for does. A little later (9:40) had a one horn spike come by almost under my tree! Thought for one second bout shootin him, cuz my county is one of the "additional un-branched" bucks you can shoot as well. Course, yall know me, let em slide. Prob helps some having 3 deer already in the freezer. Anyway, nothing more until 1:45 pm, I saw a lone "deer" easing through the thicket, but couldn't get any confirmation on buck/doe. All quiet again till 3:30, when I saw a small basket 8pt coming through the thick stuff. Gave him a soft grunt, he turned my way, and came to within 10 yds. He looked around for "who" was makin the racket, then eased on his way. No more deer from then till dark! One of the problems I run into this time of year, is its "doe days" around here... So everybody that owns a gun gets out and "hunts". A lot of activity on the neighboring properties that usually aren't hunted a lot. Lots of rifle shots ring out during these 4 days, and I aint naïve enough to think they are ALL does. Just hope some of the bucks made it through But, you know how it is when you have a lady in heat!! We shall c. I say all that to say this, I can always see the activity on my place go way down during this time, and my place is where most of em go to get away from it all. Its the biggest bunch of thick woods around, light pressure, lotsa hiding places, etc. But, I still see movement go way down during this time, almost like they're in there hiding, waiting for it all to be over!
                    Attached Files

Comment

More fall colors... The deer having a place to go/feel safe, is one reason I leave four different areas on my place I never go in. They are really too thick to get into without jacking it up anyways, so I just leave them to the deer. Each one is prob 5-8 acres. In my feeble mind, I think it helps...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bean time!!! And yall thought I was kiddin bout the green apple! I love them suckers!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's definitely that time of season when they are feeling the pressure. Our lease is archery only. About now we see lot's of deer from the surrounding properties escaping the pressure.

Comment

Well, this morn, I had me an E wind finally, so to Hardwood Hill I go! This is where I saw Lopside last year, and where I have a few pics of him this year. So, ya never know! This morning was actually purty eventful, had 4 different young bucks chasing does through my area, and all around me. Had one small basket 8pt, come by me at 5 yds panting like an ol hound. THey were casing all kinds of a ruckus, splashing through the swamp west of me, barreling through the woods at warp speed, etc. I would have gotten a pic, or two, but I have seen too many times a commotion like this bring in ol big boy! So, I wasn't about to be jacking with my phone if that happened This went off and on till bout 9:45, then all was quiet till I got down at 11:30. My butt couldn't handle another all-dayer! Ended up with 5 does, and the 4 young bucks... 4 of the deer in longbow range.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, I decided to go back to Hardwood Hill cuz I have several pics of bucks at the "community scrape" from 2:00-4:30... WELL, NOT TODAY!! Member bout my theory on all the activity/rifle shots? Don't know if that's it, but, that's all I got!! This pic is of the natural spring that perimeters the swamp on the east side, and there is another on the west side. They run down each side until they join into one larger creek on the south end. I've got my tail kicked by lack of movement, but, on the bright side... It seems to always pick up in December! May just let em rest this coming week, I leave for a "cull" hunt on my buddies lease next Saturday through the following Tuesday, so they should get plenty! Hopefully Lopside, or another good buck makes it through. December gets good cuz food gets more scarce, so they move more (usually), its "generally" colder, so not as many neighbors target practicing (several 100 rounds worth... forgot to mention that!) , and still does in heat... So, we will see! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                              Attached Files

Comment

So, basically over 20 hours in the stand, 12 Saturday, little over 8 today, the last 2 days... And I'm ready for a rest!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Working...
                                X