Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a great picture!!

Comment

Awesome pic for sure. Congrats to the young lady and proud pop.

Comment

Thanks guys, it was a GRAND day! My wife always would always razz me when I come in from huntin and she asks me "did I see anything." If I said yeah, she'd always say; "Lemme guess, too far too close, too small, too young..." Well, today I told her ; "Remember that buck I told ya I passed the other day?" "See now? It was for a reason!"

Comment

My daughter had to leave at 3:30 to go back to school today, so tomorrow i will be back after Lopside. Since the time change, I can sneak in a hunt before (10:30) church on Sunday morning. Which means I need to climb down by bout 9:30-9:45, which also means I'll shoot somethin bout 9:27.. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Sorry guys! Definitely falling down on the job Didn't get any pics, but did get in a hunt before church yesterday morn. I ended up seeing 3 does, and one buck that I couldn't make out his horns through all the thick brush. Needed to climb down by 9:30, and think I would've had some late mornin/midday movement had I got to stay put! Course, don't we always think along those lines? Anyway, after church went and cut a bunch of cedar limbs to brush in the platform area on both the two man ladder stands. Like I said, they are on big oaks, amongst good limbs, but I just "felt" I needed more. Anyway, got that squared away, baling wired to the rails, etc, so now I at least feel better Am laying out from huntin this week, cuz I leave Thursday after work for a hunt through Monday. So I figure I better hang around the house with the missus until then! Plus, it'll give a little "quiet time" to Lopside's woods! Even though I tell y'all I do my absolute best to not let em know I'm huntin em, I ain't stupid! (no comments!) I realize the deer in my woods aren't completely oblivious to my travels. So a little rest for em might be just the ticket. Of course, while I'm gone, I'll be wondering; "what am I missing?" Cuz they are starting to get after the does purty good! But hey, it should be prime when I get back, and plus 4 day Thanksgiving weekend! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Ok, so technically, I only won't hunt for 4 days But, hey, for me that's an eternity!! Cuz I can promise ya, if i wasnt going off on this hunt, aint NO WAY I am going 4 days in mid November without goin huntin! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I bet you're right. A little break will probably be good for them. Good luck on your trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
                  Just thought this was a "fitting" picture. Cuz the Lord was for sho shining down on us this morning! I left her with the deer when I went to get all the stuff out of the blind, and when I came back, she was smoothing his coat down, and talking to him. Didn't ask her what she was saying, didn't want to know, just was a special moment to me that she valued the animal she had just killed, and didn't take the moment lightly. This is her 4th deer, but, by far best buck! Thank yall for tagging along on this "non-trad" hunt Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                  Thats Awesome!! Congrats to you and her!

Comment

Well guys, finally got back at em Weds morn after getting back from my trip Mon night. Took Tuesday off from hunting, cuz I had to get hunting stuff back organized, etc.. Heck! Just needed to rest a bit! Anyway, Weds morn dawned with a WNW wind, which is not good for most all of my spots. I do have Cedar Ridge, which is not one of my best spots, its better in the eve, but it was great for this wind... Only saw one lone hog from daylight till noon...
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is the cedar thicket right behind me, on the ridge to my NE...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by spidermonkey; 11-24-2016, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Up the hardwood ridge to my north...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good luck my friend and Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

And this is up the trail to the SW...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Big Congrats to you and your daughter on a great hunt!

Comment

Moved to the Sand Hill stand/plot, cuz its "kinda" ok with a WNW wind, plus, it would at least allow me to hunt, but my wind wouldn't blow to my other spots, and possibly mess them up for future hunts. Wasn't there 15 mins, when I had this little 6pt come into the plot looking for does. He didn't stay long, and he was gone. He ended up showing back up right at dark, and started looking around again. Sooo, over 8 hrs in the tree Weds, one 6pt, and a hog. Oh well, you'll have days like that. Didn't hunt today, just figured I would get covered up in deer when I needed to get back for Thanksgiving dinner! Be back after Lopside in the morn. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X