Facebook Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Live

Im interested to hear others thoughts on what responsibilities Facebook has if any regarding their new Facebook Live features in terms of content.

Rape, Murder, Torture, Beheadings, Assaults, etc....... have all been broadcasted using Facebook live. Being that it is live and there is no delay or wait for approval like youtube its going to be hard for them to police, but like TBH shouldn't their be some form of moderation?

For the record, the FB Live killer actually wasn't "live" when doing the shooting. He filmed his rant and shooting and after shooting rant, then uploaded to FB.

Comment

My solution. Apps like FB Live should include a cost. This cost is simple. If a user utilizes these apps their location data is recorded continuously during and for 72 hours following their broadcast. This will remove some of the annonymity and aid LE in locating the criminal minority.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope...........slippery slope at best! As the sheriff of Cleveland noted, hopefully folks learned something about the negative power social media can have on a society.

Comment

An example, if someone were to produce child **** and then give it to NBC and NBC aired the footage live, without checking it first they would be held responsible and liable by the FCC. Why isn't Facebook held responsible for doing the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            Nope...........slippery slope at best! As the sheriff of Cleveland noted, hopefully folks learned something about the negative power social media can have on a society.
            Oh come on Oscar! We could just put a locator chip in everyone, so LE can locate anyone doing something illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Oh come on Oscar! We could just put a locator chip in everyone, so LE can locate anyone doing something illegal.
              Lordy knows that is coming sooner or later........scary stuff right there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                An example, if someone were to produce child **** and then give it to NBC and NBC aired the footage live, without checking it first they would be held responsible and liable by the FCC. Why isn't Facebook held responsible for doing the same?
                I wont deny that is a strong point. FCC does not regulate the internet but be careful what we ask for. The gubment aint the answer!

Comment

What do you thing is a slippery slope? We already have laws regarding liability of broadcasted materials in the US. Why is facebook held to a different standard than radio, TV, Hollywood, etc.....?

NVM, see you answered while I was typing lol.

Comment

I'm not sure how much the FCC is involved in social media, but I for one, am not in favor of any more government over watch.

Comment

I believe Congress passed a law way back when they can regulate the frequencies/airwaves. I don't think you want the feds doing the same on the internet.

Comment

Yes there should be some form of moderation, but I don't know what that looks like or how it would function. FB has 1.86 BILLION users, TBH 70,000 and only a few thousand actually post on a regular basis.

Originally posted by qWuARk556 View Post
                        My solution. Apps like FB Live should include a cost. This cost is simple. If a user utilizes these apps their location data is recorded continuously during and for 72 hours following their broadcast. This will remove some of the annonymity and aid LE in locating the criminal minority.

That's well and good, but I can shut my phone off and how will my location be tracked?

Comment

I wont deny that is a strong point. FCC does not regulate the internet but be careful what we ask for. The gubment aint the answer!
                          I hate the government more than the average bear and that's after working for it for some years, believe me I don't want more of it. With that said I don't think Facebook should be allowed to make billions of dollars off a platform and not be held liable for its content if illegal and not taking proper precautions.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                            I believe Congress passed a law way back when they can regulate the frequencies/airwaves. I don't think you want the feds doing the same on the internet.
                            I do in regards to people being raped, murdered or tortured and it being broadcasted live.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                              Yes there should be some form of moderation, but I don't know what that looks like or how it would function. FB has 1.86 BILLION users, TBH 70,000 and only a few thousand actually post on a regular basis.

That's well and good, but I can shut my phone off and how will my location be tracked?
                              Your GPS can be programmed to remain on even if your phone is off. Also, manufacturers could be asked to install a small battery in the case when people remove their battery to shut the GPS off.

Comment

Working...
                              X