Ford nixing Dealership Shotgun Promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    No insurance covers what some drunk jackwagon does on their way home.
    Sure it does. It’s called liability coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
      Makes sense to me. My business I own sponsors a kayak tournament trail locally. We had discussed furnishing beer for the last tourney but then as we started really talking there is no way I could do that and not be held liable if someone wrecked their truck or killed someone else on the way home. I’d get sued and my business would be done. I’d say the same concept applies here. I say good on Ford for not wanting to be liable for one dealers decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

agree, gotta think risk/reward. as bad***** as a promo as this is there is still large risk factors involved

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Wait! what if somebody drowns during your kayak tournament? You might want to check into an umbrella policy.
        True story, but hopefully you have signed waivers and acknowledgements from each club member. Still doesn’t prevent you from being sued. Remember there doesn’t have to be a good reason to get served with a lawsuit, even if it’s frivolous.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek3189 View Post
          me too, and i do what i can, which ain’t much. So many corporations are liberal altogether or have a liberal slant. You gotta do business with some of them. I just hope i never find out that the makers of charmin are liberal, or i’ll really have the redass !

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Wait! what if somebody drowns during your kayak tournament? You might want to check into an umbrella policy.

Not my kayak tourney. I’m just a sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
              True story, but hopefully you have signed waivers and acknowledgements from each club member. Still doesn’t prevent you from being sued. Remember there doesn’t have to be a good reason to get served with a lawsuit, even if it’s frivolous.

Yeah. Tourney director has liability waivers signed by all participants.

Comment

Sure it does. It’s called liability coverage.
                Also true, except that liability insurance has an alcohol exclusion. There is an endorsement, and usually it doesn’t cost anything to add called a Host Liquor Liability endorsement to cover this very thing. Your insurance company has a duty to defend you from being sued for your wrong doings. (Negligence).

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                  Not my kayak tourney. I’m just a sponsor.

If you weren’t a sponsor the tournament wouldn’t have happened. No reason the sponsors shouldn’t be sued as well.

Comment

Man this world sucks. I'm going fishing! Ha

Comment

Looks like Ford is part of the anti-gun crowd.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ma/1577453001/
                      \\
                      i do not see liability for the Ford DEALER.
                      The dealer gives his customer a coupon that's valid at a local gun store. The gun shop then processes the sale just like he does any other gun sale by completing the 4473 form and background check........

The Ford dealership did not give their customer a shotgun, the gun shop gave the shotgun to them.

Comment

If you weren’t a sponsor the tournament wouldn’t have happened. No reason the sponsors shouldn’t be sued as well.

Naaa, it’d still go on. Just with a lot less cool chit to give away lol. Either way we don’t serve alcohol at it. Ford did the right thing here even though that was a cool azz promotion. It really is too bad we can’t do stuff like this anymore without worrying about getting sued.

Comment

It's too bad we can't do this stuff without worrying about some jack wagon killing innocent people with the gun he/she was given. Sad times.

Gary

Comment

Yea, actually the dealership isn't giving you anything. I have a sneaky suspicion that they are adding the cost of the promotional items to the amount you pay for your vehicle. Kinda like that zero percent financing that everybody crows about. Those automobile dealers are really some nice people always giving things away for free and still selling everyone a vehicle for less than dealer cost.

Comment

Working...
                            X