Spintech replacement parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spintech replacement parts?

Does anyone know if you can replace the spring on the spintech spinner plate? If so, where to get them? I have one that the coons seem to be getting in to really easily. It drops down with almost any rotation. Tried calling spintech and haven't heard back. I just need to know if I can fix it or if I need to replace with an eliminator. Thanks!

I have 2. One still works, the other won't drop down. I also have 3 or 4 Eliminator plates that won't work either. So, your option of going with Eliminator plates will keep you going for another 3 years or so. That's about how long mine went before they failed. I even contacted CS to find out how to repair them without any response. I've searched youtube for a fix without any luck.
    Hoping somebody in the know will chime in and can be able to fix both!!

Comment

I may be in the minority here, but an “extra” part of my feeders means just something else to go wrong. PVC pipes or good cages work well as anti-critter “technology”for me.

Comment

Squirrels are what drove me to put the eliminator on one feeder. Now looking to do all.

OP, Would think you could get a spring at hardware store

Comment

I had 1 spring problem but just stretched it out and worked after that

Comment

I got mine from spin tech .

Comment

Mine turns out to be the eliminator. Still think you should be able to find a spring though.

Comment

you can get a repair kit from Spintech.

SpinTech Spreaders is known for their patented spinner mechanism that seals shut when off. Our spinner system saves you money and time on refills. The spinner system is leak proof, varmint proof, and won't dribble on bumpy roads. Upgrade with SpinTeh.

I've had a few for over 15 years and have had to repair them each once. Good to go afterwards...

Comment

Funny that this got posted today, I need one or two of the black bushings that go inside the spring and have cause the plate to rotate on the helical axis. Does anyone know if they sell replacements for these? I plan on calling this week.

T

Comment

Good luck getting the sleeve off the motor if it comes to that . I had to heat mine with a propane torch .

Comment

So was able to get in touch with spintech. They said 4 year warranty or replace the whole mechanism. No option to just replace spring. I'll try to stretch the spring first.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetailfanatic View Post
                        I had 1 spring problem but just stretched it out and worked after that
                        That's what I've done in the past and they worked fine.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                          So was able to get in touch with spintech. They said 4 year warranty or replace the whole mechanism. No option to just replace spring. I'll try to stretch the spring first.
                          If that does not work for you and I cannot get a replacement bushing then I will give you a spring.

Tim

Comment

Working...
                          X