• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or

Zehr Alt

For the german boys

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      Biologists aged him at 4.5 via his jaw bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Your biologist is FOS IMO!

Comment

Definitely older than 4.5

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
          Brings me to my next question, what's the most accurate way to age one?

The basis for cementum aging is the cyclic nature of cementum deposits on the roots of mammals’ teeth each year, which results in a pattern of “rings” in the tooth, like those formed in the wood of trees. A darkly staining ring, or “annulus”, is formed during winter on most all mammals. Abundant, lightly staining cementum is formed during the growth seasons of spring and summer. Some “experts” say these rings occur because of nutritional or seasonal stress, but since the same rings occur on human teeth, we doubt that is true. The purpose of these cementum layers on the roots of mammals’ teeth is to provide a new “rough” surface for the flesh in the jaw to adhere to the root of the teeth each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
            The basis for cementum aging is the cyclic nature of cementum deposits on the roots of mammals’ teeth each year, which results in a pattern of “rings” in the tooth, like those formed in the wood of trees. A darkly staining ring, or “annulus”, is formed during winter on most all mammals. Abundant, lightly staining cementum is formed during the growth seasons of spring and summer. Some “experts” say these rings occur because of nutritional or seasonal stress, but since the same rings occur on human teeth, we doubt that is true. The purpose of these cementum layers on the roots of mammals’ teeth is to provide a new “rough” surface for the flesh in the jaw to adhere to the root of the teeth each year.

I found a place in Burnet Tx that performs this analysis, not sure the cost yet but I'm headed in the right direction, thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X