john mccain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMC View Post
    I'm not a financial genius nor did I ever have to meet a payroll. I'm just a working dude. And all the companies I worked for paid full benifits. I have absolutely no problem paying more in taxes so everyone has healthcare.
    What about the Government being able to force you purchase a product you may or may not have otherwise wanted? Do you have a problem with that?

Comment

Nope. Just like the government mandated retirement plan that everyone pays into.

Comment

Nope. Just like the government mandated retirement plan that everyone pays into.
        Fair point. I have strong issue with that ponzy scheme as well. Let's call it what it is though. It's theft. Just like the government forcing you to buy a product is theft.

Comment

Why do you call it theft.

Comment

I'm not a financial genius nor did I ever have to meet a payroll. I'm just a working dude. And all the companies I worked for paid full benifits. I have absolutely no problem paying more in taxes so everyone has healthcare.
            Well, not everyone can be a thoroughbred. Some people will always be donkeys.

Comment

Social Security? It's a government-run Ponzi scheme which will be bankrupt in less than 20 years. It is the best argument AGAINST single-payer.

Comment

It's worked for all these years. I've been hearing it's going to be broke for far more than 20 years. A lot of people depend on it.

Comment

Why do you call it theft.

I can't opt out of it. I have no say what it is ACTUALLY used for. I receive no benefit from it and never will at my age. They are taking money from me AGAINST MY WILL to give to others that have paid in before me. It's Bernie Madolf with Government stamp of approval.

Before you ask. Yes I feel the same way about most taxes.

Comment

It's worked for all these years. I've been hearing it's going to be broke for far more than 20 years. A lot of people depend on it.
                    And what could those people have done with that money if they weren't forced to give it to Uncle Sugar? Do individuals not possess the right to choose for themselves what they do with what they earned?

Comment

This really belongs on a separate thread. I'll take care of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                        I can't opt out of it. I have no say what it is ACTUALLY used for. I receive no benefit from it and never will at my age. They are taking money from me AGAINST MY WILL to give to others that have paid in before me. It's Bernie Madolf with Government stamp of approval.

Before you ask. Yes I feel the same way about most taxes.
                        Ok. Cool

I on the other hand, am happy to pay taxes. Yes really I am. I feel if you live in a society.... ya gots to pay. And here's the great part.... you do get to choose how it's spend. You vote!! But you don't always get your way agreed. But that's the price you pay to live in a society.

Comment

I don't know ****.
                          Fify.

Comment

Hey!!! I didn't post that!!!

Comment

New thread is up.

Comment

Ok. Cool

I on the other hand, am happy to pay taxes. Yes really I am. I feel if you live in a society.... ya gots to pay. And here's the great part.... you do get to choose how it's spend. You vote!! But you don't always get your way agreed. But that's the price you pay to live in a society.

I'm not saying all taxes. If Government would stay in it's lane, taxes would not be close to where they are and we would see the tangible benefits. Instead, they take, spend it on votes, programs that do nothing but keep the people "benefiting" from them down, waste it on contracts to friends, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X