New Archery Park in Tyler, Tx.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyler Archery Club is a great club!
    Private funding by an individual, but I understand they have partnered with Texas Parks and Wildlife for additional funding for an Educational Building with classrooms to teach Hunter Ed and Boater Ed. Also sporting clays is in future plans.

Comment

So is it open now? What is the location or address?

Comment

They've got a couple more weeks before they open Archery.
        Address 15160 County Rd 1227, Flint, TX

Comment

I haven't decided if this is good for 3-D or not. Usually when the government gets involved it is not a good thing. I think it takes a personal touch to run a good bow range. With all the items on the menu at the location, it's hard to think they would all be cared for equally. Please do not get me wrong. I've shot bows for almost 20 years and strive daily to promote archery of all kinds. If it promotes archery safely and cheaply and does not hurt non-profits bow clubs that's great. I have to say, I am glad they are not setting up down the road from our local club.

Comment

Thank you for your opinion. TPWD part in this is financial, however the partnership is to introduce shooting sports to individuals especially our youth to get them outdoors. And we can share our passion to others. A facility that Hunter Ed, Boater Ed, Angler Ed, Explore Bowhunting can be taught. Have role models to help our newcomers to learn the right way, get Parent and child enjoying the outdoors together; people sharing the same common interest. It's about building relationships and "God's Front Porch" THE OUTDOORS.

Comment

I think this sounds awesome! Hurry up, we will head out

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                What about Tyler Archery Club? They have a great range.

Is this funded by the city?
                As stated above private funding along with TPWD grants. They have also worked with ATA (Archery Trade Association) and with Tracy and I (Texas ASA Federation).

Dogwood Hills is a 160 acre facility. They have already constructed a beautiful rifle and pistol range.

Their terrain is very much like a classic ASA Pro/Am site. Dense hardwoods and pines with some very cool elevation changes. It kind of reminds me of Metropolis, but with a lot more elevation variety.

Tracy and I went down and worked with Eddie, Tom, Danny and Donny this spring. We recommended a layout for the 3D ranges and static (bag) range. They have the space for 150 to 200 shooting lanes. Dogwood Hills has the space, parking, and logistical layout to host a fairly large archery event. I am not saying its big enough for an ASA Pro/Am, but they could easily handle 600 to 800 shooters. The guys from Dogwood Hills went to the ASA Classic. Don Bailey, ASA tournament director, gave them a tour of the Pro/Am site. They also bought two 20 target ranges at the Classic.

Tracy and I are going back to Dogwood Hills this Saturday to consult and help with the actual layout and cutting in of the shooting lanes for the 3D ranges.

Dogwood Hills is going to be a great facility for shooting sports enthusiasts in the east Texas area.
                Last edited by Arrowsmith; 09-02-2015, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Consider putting in a target field for outdoor target events (up to 70 meters). We need more TSAA events in that area.

Comment

Thanks to Mike and Tracy with their expertise, they are awesome to work with. Their desire to bring the Archery community together is unbelievable. Thanks Mike and Tracy Smith.

Comment

Glad to hear about this I can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Dwilliams View Post
                        Thanks to Mike and Tracy with their expertise, they are awesome to work with. Their desire to bring the Archery community together is unbelievable. Thanks Mike and Tracy Smith.
                        We will see y'all Saturday !!

Comment

Static range
                          Youth range 5,10,15,20
                          Adult range 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 70 yds.
                          Elevated Pleatform 12ft. High X 8ft. Wide X 16ft. Long
                          Hunter 3D
                          Walk thru 3D style course

Comment

Following.

Comment

Getting closer on completing static range and hunter 3D range. A big thank you to Mike and Tracy Smith designing the tournament 3D ranges!!!!!

Comment

Following, sounds interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X