Lethargic Blue Lacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lethargic Blue Lacy

My Blue Lacy isn't feeling good for some reason so before I drop cash at the vet I decided to question the green screen.

Ramadi - the dog - is lethargic, doesn't want to run around and didn't eat his food last evening. I'm assuming he ate something that maybe he shouldn't have. Day before yesterday I saw him gnawing on an old deer hoof which isn't unusual considering but I hadn't given him a leg to chew on for sometime. I thing he hid this leg and then found it again about two weeks later.

He's not vomiting and hasn't had any unusual bowel movements that I know of.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/ thoughts.

My dog was just doing that we started to give a new kind of dog food. It seems to be working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by griffbowhunter View Post
      My dog was just doing that we started to give a new kind of dog food. It seems to be working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks. I'm not sure it's the dog food in this case. He's been eating Victors for a few years plus the bag isn't new. Personally I think he dug up an old deer hoof that got him sick. I'm looking at home remedies. When he got popped by a copperhead the green screen recommended benadryl which worked perfectly.

Comment

Could be heart worms

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Could be heart worms
          Thanks. He is lethargic but doesn't have the other symptoms - plus he's been on good prevention.

Comment

Good to hear. You didn't mention it so I was throwing that out there

Comment

How old is he? Pull his eyelids back and look for yellowing in the sclera area. Our dog had the exact same symptoms starting 2 weeks ago. Took her to the vet and her liver values were off considerably. After 2 days of IV she started to do better and is eating a lot better now. She's on Hills Prescription Liver Diet right now. I think she got into something too, but after an ultrasound, the vet ran test yesterday for Cushings Disease. We'll see the results in a day or so. I would recommend beading to the vet if be doesn't improve after 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                How old is he? Pull his eyelids back and look for yellowing in the sclera area. Our dog had the exact same symptoms starting 2 weeks ago. Took her to the vet and her liver values were off considerably. After 2 days of IV she started to do better and is eating a lot better now. She's on Hills Prescription Liver Diet right now. I think she got into something too, but after an ultrasound, the vet ran test yesterday for Cushings Disease. We'll see the results in a day or so. I would recommend beading to the vet if be doesn't improve after 2 days.
                Thanks I'll look

Comment

Could be Kidney failure..Its pretty common in old dogs..could be that deer foot some sort of food poisoning... The dogs I been around that had heart worms Coughed lots...
                  my dog loves Cat Scat and when he finds some and eats it he gets lethargic and don't wana eat and spits up...couple days hes's fine..Sure glad he don't find it often..we ain't got a cat.....nasty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                    Could be Kidney failure..Its pretty common in old dogs..could be that deer foot some sort of food poisoning... The dogs I been around that had heart worms Coughed lots...
                    my dog loves Cat Scat and when he finds some and eats it he gets lethargic and don't wana eat and spits up...couple days hes's fine..Sure glad he don't find it often..we ain't got a cat.....nasty!!!!
                    Thanks. He just urinated and had a bowel movement which looked normal. He doesn't want to eat or drink though.

Comment

He ran around a little but didn't want to drink water.

Comment

Kidneys / dehydration. Sounds like what happened to my lab.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                          Kidneys / dehydration. Sounds like what happened to my lab.
                          What's the cause?

Comment

Possibly ate some mushrooms in the yard?

Comment

Grab him by the knap of the neck and pinch into the shape of a pup tent. Once you remove your hand see if it drops back down. If it doesn't he is dehydrated. You can also push down on his gums with a finger until if turns white. When you remove the pressure it should turn bright pink in less than a second. This will also show dehydration.

Comment

Working...
                              X