No announcement yet.

A distraction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legalized sex trafficking. .....allsome idea!

Comment

NOPE. We do not need to give irresponsible adults another reason to go broke.. We have enough broke, jelly headed, lazy, non working, able bodied adults sucking off of our government entitlement programs as it is. There is a reason these are illegal. If the tax revenues generated out weighed the bad caused by these they would have been legalized many years ago.. It's always about the money.. Always.

But with that being said as the moral fiber of this country continues to degrade I do believe this is the direction this country is heading..
      For the last few years I've been on the fence about pot but I'm just not sure.. I have a few friends that use it to control chorionic pain when nothing else ever helped.. Then I watch and old Cheech and Chong movie and think "ehh maybe not".....
      Last edited by PondPopper; 04-08-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Abolishing welfare for the abled bodied will have to be included for the other 3 to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
          From all that's going on in the Middle East? Lord knows that I could use one, perhaps a few of you guys and girls could too.

I'll introduce the topic of consensual crimes in our free country. Between adults . I cannot apply enough emphasis; between adults.

I doubt that it will get out of the hangar, much less airborne before the thread gets whacked. But we'll see.

When I say "consensual crimes", I'm speaking specifically of:

1 Drugs.

2. Gambling.

3. Prostitution.

My stance is: Decriminalize, regulate and tax. My position will not change, I will not argue, defend, nor explain my said position on the matters. I won't respond to tacky insults. You can't change my mind and I won't attempt to change yours.

I'm just gonna quote an old blues singer named Billie Holiday. "I never hurt nobody but myself and that's nobody's business but my own".

In conjunction with tossing out the topic(s); I will recommend a book that goes into depth on the matters: "Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do", written by Peter McWilliams, published in 1996. McWilliams said "This year we will spend $50 billion dollars and sacrifice $150 billion in tax revenue to arrest 4 to 6 million citizens for consensual crimes". And that was in 1996. The quotes alone, contained on every page of the book, make it well worth the price of purchase.

Bob Lee

Man I think your on to something genius but I quite can't put my finger on it.....

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
          This discussion can get huge, so I'm going to state my opinion very briefly.

If all emergency services, hospital, doctors, medicine. therapies, disability, workers compensation and unemployment insurance, that are provided by the local, state and federal government are refused to people doing elicit drugs and alcohol or these people are forced to pay for these services up front before receiving service then I would be all for these drugs all being made legal.

This is what no one ever seems to think about. We all pay for all of these peoples stupid irresponsible actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is my finger....I just put it somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by cattlelackranch View Post
            Man I think your on to something genius but I quite can't put my finger on it.....

Here is my finger....I just put it somewhere

Lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

This country has spent in the neighborhood of 4-8 TRILLION on the war On poverty. We still have poverty. Why do we have poverty after all this money? My guess
              Consensual drugs
              And being paid to sit home is as addictive as consensual drugs.
              We end this war on poverty cold turkey and im sure in a matter of months we will fill the cemeteries with those who choose to starve to death and those who choose to commit crimes instead of find a job. We can then end the war on drugs and employment will be near 100%
              Gov. Touches it......they ruin it

Comment

The war on drugs could be won and it could happen within a few years. It would get really ugly and the death penalty would need to be readily applicable for smugglers, dealers and any users that commit crimes while under the influence of said drugs. The majority "snowflake" society does not have the stomach for this to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                  This discussion can get huge, so I'm going to state my opinion very briefly.

If all emergency services, hospital, doctors, medicine. therapies, disability, workers compensation and unemployment insurance, that are provided by the local, state and federal government are refused to people doing elicit drugs and alcohol or these people are forced to pay for these services up front before receiving service then I would be all for these drugs all being made legal.

This is what no one ever seems to think about. We all pay for all of these peoples stupid irresponsible actions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  I completely agree with you. If we as a society and with the aid of government continue to condone destructive and irresponsible behavior, we won't have to worry about a foreign power destroying us.
                  and

Plus, if making those things illegal is wrong, why tax them? If your stance is freedom just say you should be free to do those things. Don't throw in the tax revenue BS to try to get people to agree.

Comment

The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

This thread reminded me of a book I read back in the 1980's written by James Mills.

"An award-winning journalist's shocking expose of the international drug smuggling trade. The Underground Empire is the result of Life reporter James Mills's behind-the-scenes investigation which spanned five years and traversed four continents. With recent media attention propelling the narcotics issue into the nation's headlines, Mills dramatically addresses this issue with stunning depth to explain why we're losing the most important war of our time."

"In the final pages, Mr. Mills suggests that the ultimate Centac (or mission to break up a drug conspiracy) would be against official Washington, which, despite its showy wars on drugs, seems unwilling to desist from accepting secrets affecting national security in return for the sanctioning of drug traffic. Ultimately Mr. Mills suggests that the international narcotics trade is creating a flow of ''cocadollars'' far more threatening to economic stability than petrodollars or the Federal deficit."

His conclusions at the end of the book were that the U.S. Gov't was a co-conspirator in the illegal drug industry. They could shut it down but it would disrupt the world economy.

It's a great read if you can find a copy.

Comment

I'm good with most of it.....I'm okay with the legalization of some drugs, if it grows from the ground and you don't need to perform a science project to get it where it needs to be before being sold then I am okay with legalization. I mean alcohol kills more people a year than illegal drugs..

Comment

I'm ok with the legalization of all three provided we are talking about consenting adults. They have all been around for thousands of years and will all be around a thousand years from now. All the government is doing is spinning its wheels and wasting tax payers' money. Same as it did with alcohol. For what? So all the do gooders can sleep better at night? I'd rather the government focus on things like entitlement reform. If folks want to do these things, let's make darn sure they are using their own money and not a government hand out. That way they would at least have to keep a job and be a somewhat "productive" member of society if they want to partake in those behaviors. That in itself will probably cut back on said behaviors.

Comment

Cool that would be a dream come true a welfare, lone star card carrying, crack head, aids ridden prostitute, with five kids at home, walking up and down the sidewalk in front of my house. While my kids played in the front yard with her pimp parked in my driveway with his mobile drug store. Wouldn't that be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                            I'm ok with the legalization of all three provided we are talking about consenting adults. They have all been around for thousands of years and will all be around a thousand years from now. All the government is doing is spinning its wheels and wasting tax payers' money. Same as it did with alcohol. For what? So all the do gooders can sleep better at night? I'd rather the government focus on things like entitlement reform. If folks want to do these things, let's make darn sure they are using their own money and not a government hand out. That way they would at least have to keep a job and be a somewhat "productive" member of society if they want to partake in those behaviors. That in itself will probably cut back on said behaviors.
                            Lets fix the welfare state we're in and then I'll agree to this. But since you know that has zero chance of happening I'm sticking with keeping those things illegal.

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                            Cool that would be a dream come true a welfare, lone star card carrying, crack head, aids ridden prostitute, with five kids at home, walking up and down the sidewalk in front of my house. While my kids played in the front yard with her pimp parked in my driveway with his mobile drug store. Wouldn't that be cool.
                            LOL Nice picture. But don't worry the druggies will be here soon telling you that anyone who desires a whore already gets one...Anyone who desires drugs already gets the drugs so nothing will change Then ask why they fight so hard then if it changes nothing? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                              I usually stay out of these conversations, but wth. What you stated is already happening. The point of making it legal, you would most likely, make it to where you don't see that anymore. Every heard of a strip club? If prostitution was made legal, why would they walk the streets, hoping to get paid, when they could work at a gentleman's type club, and have their bread and butter? Same could be said about drugs. Why would someone risk getting some bad drugs off the street, when they could go to a store and purchase something that isn't poisoned, laced, wrong dose, etc? Alcohol is just as big of a problem as drugs, yet it's legal. I don't see the problem. If people wanna use drugs, get hooker's, etc.. they're going to do it wether it's legal or not. Might as well tax it and get something from it, rather than waste money trying to stop it.

Comment

I really dont believe you will find a $20 BJ in a gentleman's club. Also I don't believe they would hire the aids ridden crack or heroin addict prostitute. So again she would be walking up and down the sidewalk in front of your house to do her deed. Just think about it she would become a fixture in your neighborhood its legal and your kids would know her by her street name. That would be so cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X