Your 2017 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    I am also wanting to learn to weld so I can do some projects out at the lease I have in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    A very handy skill. I would suggest basic electric and plumbing skills as well. I was blessed to learn these in my career with the city and they are indispensable for the lease or ranch.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      A very handy skill. I would suggest basic electric and plumbing skills as well. I was blessed to learn these in my career with the city and they are indispensable for the lease or ranch.

Gary
      Yeah, I can do both of those. Can do carpentry as well. Heck, I could design and build a feeder timer too (including PCB design, firmware programmimg, and soldering)... Just never learned to weld

Comment

Consistency and confidence is my goal. The last 2 years I have struggled with periods of TP and snap shooting. I've worked a lot on my mechanics and hope to improve. Other than that I just want to kill as much of whatever I can!

Comment

To take an antlered WT buck with my recurve.

To take a feral big horned goat with my recurve at our ranch.

To take a hog with my recurve.

To get some trad guys together for a hunt.

Comment

I am also wanting to learn to weld so I can do some projects out at the lease I have in my mind.

Scott, I highly suggest you do it!!

It is so easy, especially if you go with a MIG.

One of the best things Ive learned to do.

Comment

1. Take a WT deer with my recurve
              2. Make more of the TBOT shoots
              3. Making plans to attend the IBO Worlds in Tennessee

Comment

I guess I am kinda tunnel visioned at the moment...
                1. Get healed up from this rotator cuff surgery so I can shoot... Period!
                2. Start my fabrication side business back up to help fund all this fun!!
                3. Found a new piece of "hidden in plain sight" woods, anxious to get it figured out, starting this weekend...
                Being one-armed ain't helpin much! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

#1 See a deer on my property during hunting season within 15 yds.
                  #2 Kill said deer on my property during hunting season.
                  #3 Repeat of items #1 and #2.

Carry on.

Doug Key

Comment

Get you a good little Lincoln wire feed.

Comment

Kill a Bush Pig in February before Shiloh beats me to it
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	bushpig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	24478354

Comment

I'm still working on not picking up my wheels when I get a hard to draw tag or locate a big critter! Anyone want to go to the diamond C at the end of June to keep me strong !!

Comment

Diamond C is a target rich environment.

Gary

Comment

keep my 2016 goal to put my target panic under control. I'm 50%

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              Kill a Bush Pig in February before Shiloh beats me to it
                              [ATTACH]833870[/ATTACH]
                              Haha! Well, I truly hope you do beat me to it my friend! I don't know if I'll have a chance to chase them or not on my trip next year, but hope I do get another chance.

My goals for this year:

1) Get back to shooting my bow more often!
                              2) Build up my shooting muscles and work my way into 65lb, then 75lb limbs and be able to shoot and handle them comfortably
                              3) Get rid of the target panic monkey that keeps jumping on an off my back!!
                              4) Put a check next to one of my bucket list hunts this fall (mountain lion)
                              5) Enjoy my outings in the woods more and not put as much pressure on myself.

6) Introduce new folks to the trad bowhunting world!!

Comment

This is awesome! I see a lot of common goals and some very unique ones too!

1) I too would like to be more constant with my current bow at 15 yards and work out to 25yards.
                                2) work my way up from a 54# bow to the 60# bow I have collecting dust. (This should also lead to easier shots with the 54# bow as a biproduct)
                                3) meet some of you here in the Conroe area to shoot and not leave town so much on the weekends.

Comment

Working...
                                X