Best V8 Engine Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
    Hurry up and decide Johnny! You got a lot of information here. Wow.

Post up pics when you do pick up your new ride.
    Yep, great information which steered my away from my 5.3! lol Definitely will post up when I latch on to something. I'm looking hard every day.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    My new F150 is a long bed & it really helps compared to the more common short which I view as all squaty...the crew cab 1/2 tons really sacrificed bed room for the larger interior. I think the long bed 1/2 tons look more proportionate as well.

You are on the right track, the long beds in the 3/4 tons seem to have WAAYYY more room & you can put a decent size box in.

Good luck, the 6.0 really has a proven record for longevity. Not much in the giddy up department but bullet proof.

Yep, I'm going to have to leave the half tons alone. I need something I can throw a box in and still have room in the bed. I'm not turning down a diesel either if I stumble across the right one in my search.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Yep, but it's in an actual truck![emoji23]

5.4 Ford ranks slightly below a 304 AMC.....gutless when it runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Do you have the 6.0 in your Chevy?

Comment

I had a coworker that clocked a little over 600,000 miles on a 4.8 LS in his Chevy truck. The dang truck looked like it orbited the earth on the outside. LOL. It finally lost compression and he had to go to a 5.3 which he hated the gas mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Yes and also had a 304 in a IH Scout with a 727 Torqflite trans that we coonhunted out of.
          Last edited by Radar; 11-27-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            5.4 Triton
            Yup! 303,000 miles on my 5.4 in a 2003 Ford Screw. Want to get a new truck but this dang thing just won't die.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I had one of my own, and several in work trucks.

Comment

The motor thats in the truck ur in

Comment

I have gone back to a diesel but if I was to buy a gas engine it would be the 5.7 in a tundra. I’ve owned several F150s and driven chevys but my experiences with that tundra motor I can’t look past.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Been driving GM products for 55 years.
                    With regular preventive maintenance most vehicles now a day will last 250,000 easily. Problem is most people want something new after 5-6 years.
                    Hot rods you'll see a 350 Chevy motor in a Ford but never vise-versa.

Comment

The GM 5.3 liter worked well for me but I had transmission issues.

Moved to the Ford 6.2 and it's been the best motor and vehicle I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post
                        Don’t get the Chevy 5.3, gutless pos

I have one now. And, yes it is. Go with the bigger V8.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                          Been driving GM products for 55 years.
                          With regular preventive maintenance most vehicles now a day will last 250,000 easily. Problem is most people want something new after 5-6 years.
                          Hot rods you'll see a 350 Chevy motor in a Ford but never vise-versa.
                          I think the hot rodders like the ford rear end to go with that 350...kinda funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the actual displacement of the GM 6.0 gasser... isn't pretty dang close to the original 350??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            I think the hot rodders like the ford rear end to go with that 350...kinda funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the actual displacement of the GM 6.0 gasser... isn't pretty dang close to the original 350??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                5.4 Triton
                                Not after 2003 tons of issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X