Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
    I tried keto, was the worst five days of my life. To each their own but I threw in the towel! I could not functiin at work or at home feeling that bad. Congratulations to those of you that have benefited from it!

I’m on day 6 now. I def haven’t felt the best. I’m gonna give it 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. I don’t want to give up on it to soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      I’m on day 6 now. I def haven’t felt the best. I’m gonna give it 2-3 weeks and see how it goes. I don’t want to give up on it to soon.

I work quite a bit this time of year and had trouble with traveling and trying to interact with customers. Hope you have some success it seems to work wonders for some!

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
        My scale hasn’t budged in 2 weeks. Not sure what’s happening, but it’s pretty discouraging. Hopefully something will change. I may splurge tomorrow.

99 cent store. Green box Cali Girl brand dieter tea. Be careful when you take[emoji23]

Comment

I'm over 100 lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
            I'm over 100 lost.

Awesome[emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

You should be over the hump, or at least close, by now.

My wife and I started Keto on 2/26. I drank a LOT of water (with salt) and pickle juice and anything else I could find to replace electrolytes and avoid keto flu. I never experienced any really adverse effects during the transition.

I didn't check for the first few weeks (but I did lose weight and felt great) but I believe I have maintained ketosis every day since. I was around 208 when I started (already down from an all time high of 218 in September) and my main priority was to break below 200. I accomplished that within a week. The results have been a little slower since, but this morning I hit my ultimate target weight of 190.

The diet has been easy to maintain, with very little temptation to eat carbs. We've eaten out at various restaurants and fast food and we've always been able to find something to eat and enjoy. I was a guest of Oz_Ag this past weekend for a turkey hunt and his wife had prepared a casserole that contained egg noodles. It would have been terribly impolite to not eat it, of course. My ketone level (according to the pee stick) was slightly below moderate yesterday, but was right back up this morning.

I'm going to continue Keto through the end of this month (I plan to break it at Michaela's engagement party on the 28th!) at which time I will check blood work against my results from last October. I can't decide if I want to continue Keto after that or just transition to a clean eating "maintenance" diet.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Ok men, I'm going back in, for real this time. Spent 5 months in last year and have been just off my game this year. Wife is already in so she is very happy that I'm going to be cooking Keto. I only came up to 189 so I'm not far off, 178 is my keto weight. Fasting now to kick start. Pray for me!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  To go along with Keto... no more sitting down on the job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I need to go this route in my office. I know of two guys that are surveyors/engineers that have severe back problems from years of sitting poorly in an office chair drawing plats, etc.

Comment

I started Keto on Feb. 26, so I have been on it now for seven weeks. The scale this morning showed that I have lost a little over 40 lbs. Truthfully, from the beginning it was not too hard to do. Knock on wood, but I have never felt bad during the process. When you cut out sugars and carbs, at least for me, your hunger really isn't there.

We have seven weeks before we take our cruise. I am only half way to where I want to be, but if I can lose another 15 lbs over the next seven weeks, I will be very happy.

Comment

Congrats brother, that is awesome. Keep up the good work!!
                      Unfortunately, I feel it right now, feel like I must have slipped in after my workout today. Bla with a head ache, will test when I get home. Pumping the electrolytes through my system to help. Last time, once I was in, no symptoms when I would slip out and right back in.
                      Originally posted by wags View Post
                      I started Keto on Feb. 26, so I have been on it now for seven weeks. The scale this morning showed that I have lost a little over 40 lbs. Truthfully, from the beginning it was not too hard to do. Knock on wood, but I have never felt bad during the process. When you cut out sugars and carbs, at least for me, your hunger really isn't there.

We have seven weeks before we take our cruise. I am only half way to where I want to be, but if I can lose another 15 lbs over the next seven weeks, I will be very happy.

Comment

I've been going pretty strong with only a few setbacks.
                        I am at 216lbs now, up from 203lbs when I started, but I have lost around 8% BF. I need to put on about 9 more lbs and lost a little bit more BF before mid-June, but I think it will be doable.

Comment

New restaurant by my hood has Back Pew Hopostle on tap. Needless to say I’m having a cheat meal[emoji849]

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                            New restaurant by my hood has Back Pew Hopostle on tap. Needless to say I’m having a cheat meal[emoji849]

Don't call it cheating, call it living. Cant give up on everything, you just have to know the consequences.

Comment

I'm now down 75 lbs. Only 25 left to go. I see a lot of people on here posting about getting stuck. I plateaued for about a month, all of February. I broke it by eating a Dairy Queen Large dipped cone. Then fasted for 24 hours. Started back on Keto. Lost five pounds that week. I always make the mistake of cutting back too far. Don't cut back on food. I've been watching this one doctor on YouTube. He builds the case that cutting back on calories makes your metabolism slow down. Your body knows how much it has to burn and it adjust. You keep your fat calories up. I also notice I get stuck when I eat too much protein. Staying fat adaptive is the key. Your body would rather burn protein or sugar.

My wife was worried about me too, since I have some heart problems. Last month my test results showed my cholesterol was the lowest its ever been. Get to eat bacon every day. Does blow people minds.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                Well, I tried the body shock approach to plateau busting on Saturday. Don’t know if it worked because I’m not touching a scale until my physical this Friday. Rucked 5.35 yesterday with 50lbs and my hands looked like cartoon balloon hands or something. (Saturday Italian meal)
                                Anyway, wife has now joined me on the diet so I expect great things. She will research recipes and cook up all kinds of new dishes[emoji6]

I was all excited my wife's doctor told her to get on the diet. I've been doing it alone for eight months. Finally, we could be on the same page. She didn't last a week, so I still have to do my own cooking. Last night I made a loaf of cheddar cheese and broccoli bread. Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X