KCA Ranch. A Work in Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chew,

While we don't know each other, I've followed your progress thru the MDA trials and tribulations. You deserve your little slice of heaven in Leon County. Enjoy it and know that there are many of us that wish we could have something like that as well.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Comment

Congrats ! I would love a place like that. Quick comment...My BIL started off with a "porch" like that and all he did was put some cinderblocks underneath and 3/4 inch plywood screwed over the top. Wish I had a pic from two weeks ago, but it turned out nice enough to get the mud off and walk out barefoot.

Comment

Congratulations on kicking cancer and fulfilling your dream of owning a ranch. The KCA ranch looks like the perfect place to relax and enjoy life.
        Be sure and post pictures from your trail camera on the trail. Should get some good pictures at that crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood40 View Post
          Congrats ! I would love a place like that. Quick comment...My BIL started off with a "porch" like that and all he did was put some cinderblocks underneath and 3/4 inch plywood screwed over the top. Wish I had a pic from two weeks ago, but it turned out nice enough to get the mud off and walk out barefoot.
          I think that's what I'll do. Gonna track down several full sized pallets and screw some plywood on top.

Future projects in somewhat of the priority list:

Metal awning over camper and front porch

Deck out the cabin with beds, dresser, etc., and it's own small awning over the front porch

Add a shower/toilet, washer/dryer, fridge, oven/stove to the well house (it's 16x16 and well built.

Build a bridge over the creek that will support a tractor, jeep, etc.

Reinforce the existing bridge to support a ranger/UTV type vehicle.

Stands and feeders and cameras

Small garden for the wife

Fire pit

Get some slag brought in to build up parking area and walk ways between buildings and campers.

Exterior lighting

Food plot in the back

Fix some barbed wire

Small dam in the creek to make a decent swimming hole

1/2 acre to 1 acre pond that is somehow kept filled by the creek.

Manual hand pump on the well in case the zombies come and we lose electricity

Skinning rack

Archery and pistol range area.

Barn/lean-to/shop

Our retirement home

Comment

Ya'll have a pretty place there. I am envious of your creek. I have a low place that will flow water if it rains four inches pretty quick.

Comment

Looks awesome Bobby! A big congrats to you and Mary! Can't wait to get together with y'all.

Comment

Great start on the list!....we can help!

Comment

I'm following this thread. Congrats on the new place

Comment

Bobby

You can get full size pallets at Standley's in Madisonville. They charge $1 each.

I bought lots and use to stack my hay on.

this is a the best picture I can find of my red neck deck.

I think 10 pallets, 6 or so 3/4 inch treated plywood, some green outdoor carpet.

Idea on fire pit...

I made this in about 4 hours. The wife loves it... I used landscape brick and some bags of white crushed marble.

Last edited by Stan R; 12-31-2013, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Beautiful place. With that spring water, I can guarantee you there have been folks on that knoll for 12,000 years. I bet you have a killer Ancient site there. That might just be a true honeyHole for a monster buck too It backs up to a large neighbor and you have the cover.

I love it, Steve

Comment

Nice looking place

Comment

Love this thread. So happy for and the family, Bobby. We are neighbors x2! I hope you were able to track down some loppers on Saturday...can't wait to hook up and show each other our places. Enjoy it sir!

Comment

dang bobby, thats nice! congrats!

Comment

Nice looking place

Comment

Congrats Chew, great looking place!

Comment

Working...
                                X