Official Lake Whintney and Aquilla 2016-2017 hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
    Well looks like I'll be living a little closer to the lake and will be putting g my time in this year.. I need to get a good deer.. haven't had one in 2 years..
    Brother, I saw that one coming when you said something about the location of the new place yall are moving too .

Did yall get settled in yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Man I wish I had something to roll angle and pipe with. And a 250 ton press break. And a set of 10' rollers. And an iron worker or Parana with a bunch of punch dies. And a 6' radial arm drill press. And a 10' shear press. And a ....

Been down that road. Sounds like to much work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
        Been down that road. Sounds like to much work for me.
        Don't worry Coop! I was gonna hire a bunch of hard work-n younger hands as operators . I'm about a wore out old "man-ufacturing" soul. Not much left for me to do but teach the young hands how to do it.

Anybody got a half mill I can borrow till Tuesday? I'll gladly pay ya back a hamburger Saturday.

Comment

Forgot, I need a Bridgeport, and a Warner and Swasey 3A too.

Comment

I got some shed hunting done yesterday, no luck but I did find a new spot to hunt.

Comment

I haven't been able to get back down lately to look for sheds. The grass was getting to high to see them when I was there. My looking doesn't cover much area.

I'm getting several pictures of buck with no antlers and several with only one. So I know they're dropping.

Good luck hunting.

Comment

I'll get back looking next weekend Coop.

Comment

I guess I'm headed to El Paso on Friday to help my daughter move out there. Should be loaded up and on the road by 9 pm. It's going to be a long trip!

Comment

Drive safe Storm. And if you need help, give me a call.

Fish are bite-n. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Buckshot-73 sorry to hear the bad news. Prayers sent.

TG - Well you can teach me to tig weld. Not a young hand but got something that needs the tig. I might could do it another way but think it would be the best way.

Comment

Any time ya want Switchback. To windy to fish this week. So I'll be doing stuff around here mostly.

Comment

how's the turkey population at Lake Aquilla? Harvest numbers were a little strange in 2016 compared to 2015

Comment

Howdy fellers.

Comment

Howdy Justin! Glad to see ya. And glad ya got spell-n "Fellers" right unlike most around this sight who spell it "fellas" . I always spell it "Fellers" too . Hope everything is going better for ya now.

HR3, I ain't been out there this spring yet. But shouldn't be to much different from the history I've seen. Maybe someone else will have a more definitive answer for ya.

Comment

Well that was a long road trip. I started my day at 2 am on Fri, went and loaded a uhaul truck for my daughter Alex and drove to El Paso getting there at 5 a.m. . My son in law and I unloaded the truck and waited for my wife to show up (1230) we went to have lunch and toured the town and mountains and finally got to bed at the late hour of 8pm. We were on the road at 5 and just got home at 330 . I'm tired and sitting here drinking a beer waiting for sleep to overtake me. In my younger days it wouldn't bother me but man my body hurts right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X