Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    Alright....GarGuy gone to battle.....
    History says I would not want to be a mature whitetail buck in this case.

Comment

Good luck sir!! Me and Big red are on the stand again trying to get him one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SteveTX View Post
        Late last year we had a nice buck show up with his back left leg thrashed pretty good. I worried he was a goner but he showed up again a couple weeks ago. Or at least I think he did. He was a 9 last year but an 8 now, but to me the racks look similar enough, he looks a year older, and the notch in his right ear is pretty distinctive. If he's the same one I'm glad he made it and sure would like to meet him in person.

Very nice! He has definitely filled out since last year. He looks like he still has good growing years ahead of him, but I’d probably pull the trigger myself!

His left ear appears to have a goofy turn-down in both pics also

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
          Godly you were guaranteeing you were going have one laid out within a few days earlier this year.

It's amazing how much smarter and unpredictable bucks get when they get 5 or more years of age on them. Hope he slips up for you.
          He has set his sights higher since season started. I have seen pics, bigger deer keep showing up in his areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            You could create one for your neighbor buddy.

Dream Crusher...lol

Comment

Get him Mr. Garvey. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                git-er-dun Steve!! Houston County?
                Yup. Just west of grapeland.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                  Very nice! He has definitely filled out since last year. He looks like he still has good growing years ahead of him, but I’d probably pull the trigger myself!

His left ear appears to have a goofy turn-down in both pics also

Good catch! I didn't notice. I'll try as hard as I can but he'll probably get those few more years no matter what I do lol.

Comment

Went out for a doe. Had a 9 point show his face. Busted him with a .243 about 7 AM. 21.5" spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan81 View Post

Went out for a doe. Had a 9 point show his face. Busted him with a .243 about 7 AM. 21.5" spread.

Helluva deer!

What town are you near, if you don’t mind me asking. That area looks more like where I hunt, not necessarily the pineywoods.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        Helluva deer!

What town are you near, if you don’t mind me asking. That area looks more like where I hunt, not necessarily the pineywoods.
                        This was killed about 20 minutes north of Sulphur Springs.

Thanks! I had honestly thought that Texas would be a bust for me this year. Last year, I had several shooters on camera by mid November. This year I have only had two shooters and one of those was going to be a 5 point cull. I had never seen this one on camera. He wasn't chasing a doe just passing through and checking the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          Godly you were guaranteeing you were going have one laid out within a few days earlier this year.

It's amazing how much smarter and unpredictable bucks get when they get 5 or more years of age on them. Hope he slips up for you.
                          You are right... i suck. here i am loggin back on right after lunch and havent killed that deer yet. Cpt Bryan kinda nailed it. I have passed more mature deer this year than ever in my life because of not wanting to burn my tag while i have giants on camera. i sat with two 13 year old nephews while they blasted two seven year old nine pts that i have passed.

There is this dang deer I call Fiddy. He has destroyed my season and saved the life of a bunch of whoppers. Fiddy has been mia for a couple weeks so i decided to go kill that deer I posted yesterday. I pulled a card this morning and Fiddy is back in my life. Crap, I suck..

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            You are right... i suck. here i am loggin back on right after lunch and havent killed that deer yet. Cpt Bryan kinda nailed it. I have passed more mature deer this year than ever in my life because of not wanting to burn my tag while i have giants on camera. i sat with two 13 year old nephews while they blasted two seven year old nine pts that i have passed.

There is this dang deer I call Fiddy. He has destroyed my season and saved the life of a bunch of whoppers. Fiddy has been mia for a couple weeks so i decided to go kill that deer I posted yesterday. I pulled a card this morning and Fiddy is back in my life. Crap, I suck..
                            Good problem to have. Go kill one of them

Comment

Im going huntin and aint logging on again untll his deer is dead.

By the way, Fiddy has more inches of tines than this deer ..an he is only an eight pt.

Comment

By the way, Fiddy has more inches of tines than this deer ..an he is only an eight pt.
                                I'm just here for the commercials this weekend. Go shoot him and drag him to town for lunch!

Didn't even get in the stand till 640 this morning. Barely got out of bed. It was nice not having mommas frozen turkey but in the sheets and all that extra room[emoji16]
                                Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X