Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Mud tires on wet pavement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    In addition to the traction issue, mud tires on pavement are NOISY too... That constant roaring would drive me nutz in short order, plus the more they wear, the LOUDER they get...

If they don’t sing, they won’t sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      I've done that for years...with that theory I technically should be driving a 2WD truck or even a rice burner car too.

I'm getting closer to 75-25 on that percentage...more if you deduct the 5 hours too and from to get to my deer lease from the pavement driving since technically I am on my way hunting. Plus not having mud tires is cutting into my local river bottom pig hunting here close to home....
      I personally handle it by having multiple vehicles. My work car gets 37 mpg on cheap gasoline. Tires, brakes, and everything else on the car is super cheap.

When I need it, I drive my 4 door, 4wd 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Keeps the mileage down on it and puts the wear and tear on the cheap car.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
        Mileage was another concern. I talked to a guy that runs the same tire I got and he told me that he kept his last set rotated every 5K miles and got almost 50K out of them. I wasn’t expecting that much, but I guess I’ll find out in about another year.

I’m happy with them so far.

I got 80k out of a set on a half ton chevy. Still had plenty tread when I swapped them out. I couldn't wear them out, but the rubber got hard and it started riding rough.

Great tires by the way.

Comment

I had Trail Grapplers on a Z71 Chevy and they sucked in the rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I run **** cepek extreme country on my dually GMC 3500, but I only put maybe 5,000 a year on them. They are loud but I have not have had a problem in rain. Then again I am not a fast or in a hurry driver.

Comment

Never had an issue with mud tires in the rain

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
                I got 80k out of a set on a half ton chevy. Still had plenty tread when I swapped them out. I couldn't wear them out, but the rubber got hard and it started riding rough.

Great tires by the way.

I’ve got them on a half ton Chevy. I’ll be happy if I get 50K+ out of them. Next set will be just like them.

Comment

Mud tires and pavement? Might be the first time I’ve ever heard those words in the same sentence. Thanks TBH. [emoji23]

Comment

I switched from BFG all terrains to Toyo open country MT's on my 7.3. Smooth, not very noisy and light years ahead in the mud. Haven't had any issues with wet pavement.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Old Bald Guy; 05-03-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I think the moral of the story is to not drive fast in the rain, regardless of the tires on the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
                        I have the Goodyear Duratrac mud tires and you can definitely notice the difference driving in rain. Not so much at high speed but when making a turn at a stop sign I have to really lay off the gas or the back tires will spin in the curve.
                        I have the same tires and have never noticed that. I have a really short drive to work so maybe I’ve just been lucky.

Comment

Cooper STT pros on mine. Handle water very well. They can handle down pours on Davy Crockett roads haha

Comment

Kelly safari

I forgot my suburban had Kelly safari on them and they were great on both wet roads and muddy stuff
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-03-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Nice.... was looking at the Hankook DynaPro MTs as well.
                              I have these on a 99 F250. I don’t drive it much so the tires have held up good so far. They seem to be good in the mud but at 70mph towing a camper, they’re a bit noisy. But at 20 years old the truck is hardly sound proof. *** Quoted the wrong one. I was referring to the Nittos
                              Last edited by rwurz; 05-04-2019, 04:40 AM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

Working...
                              X