I think I dodged a bullet - sepsis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I dodged a bullet - sepsis

Last weekend I started having fever and some stomach pain. Thinking I was having a diverticulitis flareup I called my gastro and went in for a CT scan on Tuesday. When the results came back, I had a thrombosis on my large intestine and was sent straight to the ER. By the time I hit ICU my temp was 103.5 and a blood culture showed I had sepsis e coli also. After 4 nights in the hospital on blood thinner and antibiotics, they let me come home yesterday.

I feel like I've been run through the wringer, but alive. Listen to your body folks, especially you GOF's. At least I'm covid 19 negative.

Hogboy

Glad you caught it early. That stuff turns nasty fast

Comment

dang!! glad you went in when you did!

Comment

Glad it all worked out for you. You are correct on listen to your body what is trying to tell you.
        Heal slowly once.

Comment

Glad you are getting well.

Comment

Wow, scary stuff! Glad ur ok!

Comment

Good to hear you got it in time G.

You going to have to stay on B-thinners?

(It's not like your already thin enough. )

Comment

Dang Gary!!!! Get well!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I’m glad you caught it early Gary, sepsis is bad stuff. Get well soon.

Comment

One day later going to the Dr and you would be a dead man. That was a close call for sure.

Comment

Dadgum, Gary! That stuff can kill quickly! Glad your doc was quick to get on it and you are alive to tell us about it!

Comment

Thanks guys for the well wishes. Right now it feels like it will be a long term recovery, but I hope to get back to the old Hogboy soon.

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        You going to have to stay on B-thinners?
                        Mike, I will go get some more bloodwork done in 1-2 weeks to determine the long term course of action, but right now it's a 30 day run of eliquis. The doctors didn't seem to link the blood clot to the sepsis.

Comment

Yep, listen to what your body is telling you. My brother suffered for a year with stomach pain and 3 weeks ago he finally went to the er, ct scan and surgery a few hours later. Had a bad infection in his abdomen.

Comment

Wow, that’s scary. Glad you’re doing better. What brought it on?

Comment

I hope you bought lottery tickets on the way home. Dang right you dodged a big bullet.
                              Get well soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X