Dallas County Shelter In Place Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    And my wife thought I was crazy for stockpiling Coors Light!
    I have to agree with your wife. That’s basically just p!ss colored tap water

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      You think this sign is big enough people might see it, and do something ?
      After all this crappola is done, I think we are gonna see an unprecedented crime wave.
      Broke, no job, desperate with a family.
      Especially in the Metroplexs.
      Probably a bunch of new laws to keep us safe and free .
      Like the Patriot Act

Comment

They haven’t shut down any of our pipeline jobs yet statewide.Some of the gas companies are mentioning us as contractors to sign an affidavit saying we haven’t been out of the country lately or been around anyone sick,I haven’t seen one of the affidavits yet but I’m kicking off a new project tomorrow and we’ll see.The company I work for is having all office personal work from home and cutting our big safety meetings out and just having crew tailgate meetings.They are also telling employees if anyone they are around at home shows signs of being sick they have to take 14 days off and get a dr note to return.As far as Pipeliners go though I’m sure the Covid19 is about the lamest virus or disease they need to worry about catching 😂

Comment

Shelter your *** in place bitches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know how this will be enforced??

I feel like my fire dept ID is about to come in real handy...

Comment

Construction may be allowed but if it’s in office buildings and they are closed then it will be shut down. It will be interesting tomorrow to here from some of the GC’s and see how this plays out. I sent my guys to the office to work there tomorrow until we here something.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                What fines lol. We are not required to shut down or stop essential construction workers. As long as we take precautions per OSHA and CDC we are fine.

I could see termination of an employee who elects to stay home when job was legally available to continue get ugly.
                What construction are you doing that's essential?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Your next beer may or may not, taste like hand sanitizer.
                  I'm not planning on ordering one of them IPeeA's, so it's unlikely.

The list of "essential" industries is overly broad and will be narrowed, just watch.

Comment

I heard you can still go outside to exercise, so you will see me kayak fishing grapevine Friday.

Comment

As a part of the Defense Industrial Base, we're still working as usual. And we are in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                        The entire state of Texas is so far behind on cops they can't handle whats already on their plates
                        FIFY

Originally posted by miket View Post
                        Anybody know what the punishment for violating it is?
                        see above

Comment

It looks to me like it does not actually change much, just puts it on an official piece of paper so the officials can "show" they are proactive and doing something that looks important

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                            I dont think construction sites will close..But how we will we get materials?

Construction is clearly listed as essential, so if GCs or owners elect to voluntary shut down sites, then who pays? Contracts are pretty clear if other party issues stop work, we still get a portion of expected profits.

This will get ugly too. FYI I dont care enough to sue or ask for profits, but not every sub contractor will feel the same way.
                            As a commission based sales guy(construction supply), this is my concern as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              As a commission based sales guy(construction supply), this is my concern as well.

Business that supplies construction are currently listed as essential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are a whole lot of politicians who should be voted out of office for overreacting to this. The official death rate in the U.S. is hovering around 1%. The unofficial death rate, taking into consideration those who have the virus and haven't been tested is much lower than that. Trump indicated last night that changes are coming that will free up businesses again. There is now a drug therapy that seems to be very effective if they can get enough of it. My guess is that, in two weeks, this will be behind us, but the damage done to small business is immense and will be felt for a decade and maybe more. It didn't have to be this way, but every politician out there wanted to be perceived as having done something.

Comment

Working...
                                X