Dallas County Shelter In Place Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    If any of you thought we were still free, heres your sign.
    You think this sign is big enough people might see it, and do something ?
    After all this crappola is done, I think we are gonna see an unprecedented crime wave.
    Broke, no job, desperate with a family.
    Especially in the Metroplexs.
    Probably a bunch of new laws to keep us safe and free .

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      The liability of one of your workers or subs having the virus. You have that onsite, it will close your jobsite down and fines out the you know what. Those deadlines in the build contract will be pushed back, just like our taxes and everything else.

I still fail to see the liability? We have already implemented policies for subs to screen their employees everyday. We are screening our employees internally. We’re not having in person meetings of more than 5 people. High traffic areas are cleaned multiple times a day. And we’re not doing anything to break the law. We’re following CDC and state/local guidelines and laws.

If someone does bring it onsite, it probably will shut us down for a period of time. But we’re not gonna be fined for it. Who’s gonna fine us and on what grounds? Are they fining Whole Foods now that one of their in store employees tested positive?

As of right now, no deadlines are being pushed back as there have been no orders to stop work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Did you actually watch it or read the order for yourself?

Judge Jenkins says restaurant and brewery can be open IF they serve take out.....

Here’s a screenshot of page 2 of the order. I highlighted the part that deals with your “concern”

You just confirmed what I said.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          As of this past Friday, the COH committed to keeping inspections open and the permitting office open with additional precautions. Again, this too could change, but this was their position on Friday.
          Dallas is saying the same currently along with some of the other suburban areas that typically follow Dallas’s lead. I’m curious to see how it plays out though city offices are typically not the “rain,sleet,or snow” mentality. Trust me I hope they will at minimum conduct business at 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
            Silly question, will this shut down Lowe’s and McCoy’s? We are two weeks from completion on our home and still needing a bunch of fixtures.

No, they’ll stay open. Hardware stores are considered essential business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
              No, they’ll stay open. Hardware stores are considered essential business.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                What are the cops gonna do, arrest people? LOL, that ain’t happening.
                Read today that they are basically no longer responding to calls about theft.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                  Bet they do.
                  Hope so..but as I said to Curt that is not the norm. I have a project in Charlotte and they are currently saying 50% staffing with the possibility of shut down. IMO it is the city that’s at risk of liability.

Comment

Whether or not folks continuing to do business actually cause covid to spread as the # of cases in Texas go up they will face partial blame and will be the fall guy for a statewide shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                      Anybody know what the punishment for violating it is?
                      I think I saw 1000 dollar fine and or 180 days in jail

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Breweries are making sanitizing products.

Your next beer may or may not, taste like hand sanitizer.

Comment

I truly hope you are correct, trust me brother. But I have employees not coming in to work next week (before the stay at home stuff tonight). They are union employees, and if fired them I’d be getting sued, and will lose every time.

Define essential will be the important part, and if yalls company is helping this
                          Pandemic, fully support you and everyone involved.

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                          What fines lol. We are not required to shut down or stop essential construction workers. As long as we take precautions per OSHA and CDC we are fine.

I could see termination of an employee who elects to stay home when job was legally available to continue get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            You think this sign is big enough people might see it, and do something ?
                            After all this crappola is done, I think we are gonna see an unprecedented crime wave.
                            Broke, no job, desperate with a family.
                            Especially in the Metroplexs.
                            Probably a bunch of new laws to keep us safe and free .
                            Bbbbbbut its for our own good!

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                              I think I saw 1000 dollar fine and or 180 days in jail
                              Dang. I saw that on the Walker County one but not this one. Didnt look close enough I guess

Comment

We supply materials to job sites all across the state, very high profile jobs and not one has said anything close to slow down. All our customers are masonry contractors and they all are operating at 100% no slow downs or stoppages. Keep it coming is what they tell us. I’m having a couple calls with some out of state jobs this week to check on them but everything here is moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X