Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage

Comment

I think most folks overthink broadheads on large animals.....use the same set up for deer as you do for elk...I would like at your arrow more than the broadhead, just be sure your broadhead is sharp. You need a heavy arrow to penetrate large animals, if you hit a rib or shoulder…..I don't like taking a quartering shot on elk, these guys stomachs are normally full of hay....look for a broadside shot and aim like you would a deer....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
        I have only used Montec G5 since they came out....maybe 2001? they are not as sharp as they can be out of the box, but about 3 minutes of this and they are good to go.

I have also not experienced the issue with blood trails but have hunted with people that have......but I always spend a few minutes per BH to sharpen on a diamond stone.

[ATTACH]917151[/ATTACH]
        Ya, me as well. I love the design but I will say that when they started offering the carbon steel it was a game changer for getting a sharp edge on them. I have killed everything from whitetail to kudu and wildebeest and love them.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
          There has to be a great story behind that last arrow.

I never shot one but my setup when I was chasing them actively a couple years ago was the 125 gr vipertricks. They flew great out of my setup out to 80+ yards with 457 gr carnivore arrows running 18% foc that were built specifically for hunting elk out west.
          Yes, I have been told that you keep putting arrows in them until they fall. I kept pulling arrows out of my quiver. I grabbed the blunt/judo point by watching the bull and not which arrow I pulled out of the quiver. He fell after I hit him with the judo point. I skinned him out to find only two entry holes. I thought that was odd because I knew I hit him three times but was too busy to worry about it. I found the judo tip arrow the next day when I went back to get the antlers.

Comment

I’ve got montec g-5
            NAP Hell razors
            And slick trick standards
            Gonna test them all and see which fly the best
            Thanks for all the info guys
            Lots of different choices but I feel fix blade is deff gonna be the ticket
            Hope to have educated input in a month for feedback

Comment

Working...
            X