young or old?? LF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

young or old?? LF

stumped on this one - we feed protein and cottonseed and had an awesome year on rainfall. Never seen this buck before but got video last weekend. His head, back, and stomach look young but his brisket shakes like he is ten years old. We are very well managed and do not take bucks until 6.5 or older no matter what the horns look like - some of our guys say 4 and some say 6. I have never seen a young bucks brisket shake like this -

what are the thoughts?

Last edited by TKK; 12-05-2016, 06:22 PM.

4-5

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess is 4-1/2. Didn't have a good side view but when he turned his head at the end of the video I didn't see loose skin around his jowls that I associate with much older deer.

Comment

Imo...that deer is older then you think...just my .02

Comment

5-6

Comment

the last two post describe exactly what we are debating - some say 4 some say 6 - again I am stumped -

Comment

That brisket almost looks like some kind of deformity.

Comment

im thinking 7.5

Comment

My thoughts? You should have ground checked that old war horse!

Comment

Not sure he will make 6.5 but I do think he is 5.5. I commend your leases management practices regarding waiting till they are 6.5. Letting the deer grow up is the biggest contributing factor followed by nutrition that can be done for deer management.

Comment

Originally posted by happy bowhunter View Post
                      im thinking 7.5

Im leaning to this as well. He looks old to me.

Comment

He's not young.

Comment

he's a 4 year old with a 7 year old brisket. no idea man, aside from the brisket, he doesn't look old. could he have gotten an infection? I had a snakebit deer that had a brisket halfway to the ground from infection.

Comment

Mature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Brisket looks every bit of a 7 year old, face looks like a 5 year old. Tie breaker goes to his knees. They appear to be all callused. My lease has the 7 year old rule on trophies and I would have no problem killing him

Comment

Working...
                              X