Need Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help!

I am hunting on a new ranch. I have been feeding since May. I have moved feeders around to be in better spot. I had a feeder in the back where Buck were coming up everyday. Now things have stopped and they coming in to new feeders at random spots. What is the best way to get them to a normal pattern? I know with the rut everything will change. I have Does coming to all my spots. Need help with what I should do from here.
    thanks

If you have does, you will have bucks. You might try some hand corn in some areas away from the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_V View Post
      If you have does, you will have bucks. You might try some hand corn in some areas away from the feeder.
      Agree

Comment

Welcome to the painful life of buck hunters.

Put in the time. They will show!

Comment

I'm on a lease in junction , this is my first year. I had a large group of bucks coming in everyday, that stopped a couple of weeks ago. Opening weekend I saw around 70 white tails and 6 axis and only one was in my pen. All the rest on hand corn that I put out each morning.

Comment

The bucks home ranges are increasing and they change their patterns and become unpredictable this time of year. I would keep feeding (hand corn) and stay patient. Some of our older bucks disappear and don't show up on trail cams from September until February/March. There's a reason we all don't have monster bucks hanging on our walls.

Comment

They change there patterns in pre rut they are seeking doe groups right now so find where the does are hanging and the bucks will be close by eventually it's a waiting game

Comment

Game trails pay off.

Comment

You haven't heard? "BUCKCANDY" PUT IT OUT AND ALL THE BUCKS WILL COME!!!

Comment

B patient.

Comment

Feeder full of protein will work

Comment

I have noticed over the years that one of the best things you can do is set your feeder up and leave it. It may take a season or to for the deer to pattern to it consistently. You will start to see older mature deer actually hanging around the feeders after year 2 or 3 years. Deer spook easy and even though they are familiar with feeders any change to their area can cause a change in pattern. Another thing did you recently put up a new pop ups or stand. I have seen even the best brushed in pop up spook mature bucks and does. This is just my personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X